Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Shipping Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I bought a CPO 2016 Audi A6 Quattro P+ almost a year ago with about 6k miles in Dallas that was the dealership courtesy vehicle. Sell price ended up being around $45k, $57k sticker with heated seats and s-line package. There's a couple somewhat deep scratches on the right side that are somewhat hard to see unless you're looking for them and it looks like someone drove it right next to a bush or tree that left the scratches.

They had a few scratches on the wheels as well and then they buffed it out before I bought it. After a couple weeks I heard some rattling in the front right side next the passenger in the glove box area and when I took it to the dealership, they ended up replacing a speaker under warranty. Few quirks that sound somewhat bad writing it out, but everything's been great on the car so far.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I havent bought a car remotely and had it delivered but when i moved we had our A4 Avant shipped and they ****ed up the rear bumper and i didnt notice until i signed for it...

had a toddler and wife was preggos...all on me but just saying...
Old 06-16-2017, 06:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've done some homework since posting last. By contacting my local Audi dealer who I've dealt with in the past, they were able to lookup the related service records. No warranties claims had ever occurred. The only thing that appeared was the 5k maintenance that had been performed. On the mechanical side of things, I feel confident knowing that it hasn't had several trips to the dealership and that it I have over 3 years/43k remaining on the factory warranty. My apprehensions are more on the cosmetic side of things. It was originally for sale at an Audi dealership. After not being sold within a 90 day time period, the vehicle was then moved to a different dealership owned by the same company. The fact that it was being listed for sale at an Audi dealership confirms for me that the vehicle must be in good condition or they likely wouldn't have had it on their lot in the first place. Very few miles have accumulated on the car since its original listing. The CarFax is clean and the mileage/activity doesn't make me believe that it suffered a significant accident where it would have been out of service for a while. However, that doesn't mean that there hasn't been some minor body work or fender bender etc. There are also complexities I've learned with buying a car in Massachusetts. They're one of the few states that doesn't issue temp tags. My only recourse then is to have it shipped and garage it until all the paperwork is in place. They have to handle the registration process which means they also receive the new plate that they'll then need to expedite to me.... I have alternate means of transportation so whatever it takes is achievable but could still be challenging. Transferring plates is not an option since I don't have a trade in. I've tried to procure a PPI in the Seekonk , MA area where the car is located, but haven't been met with any success at doing so yet. Seeing it in person just isn't an option for me right now. My heart says buy it and I have a good feeling yet my brain says something to the affect of "you stupid idiot why would you even....!?"
Old 06-16-2017, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I hate it when my brain makes a valid point to my heart..... Stupid brain.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 155 Likes on 125 Posts

Dan, I had same issues trying to buy in MA. They are not insurmountable. Per Google Seekonk is only a few miles from Providence, RI. Google search indicates 2 German car independent repair shops in Providence. Also maybe contact Audi Club of NA appropriate chapter -- https://www.audiclubna.org/chapters/north-atlantic -- maybe someone in the Club lives near Seekonk who can take a look at car for you. As well perhaps they weigh in on these independent shops in Providence. Best of luck. If this one does not work out there will be another.

Jeff
Old 06-18-2017, 08:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the suggestions Jeff! I had previously googled the pre inspection services specifically. I may have better contacting a repair shop specializing in German cars as you suggested. We'll see how this goes! Maybe I'll find out tomorrow that the vehicle sold over the weekend and I'll no longer have to worry about it!
Old 06-20-2017, 01:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I dragged my feet and it sold so that chapter is currently closed :-( There will be another one!
Old 06-20-2017, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Danstr1
I dragged my feet and it sold so that chapter is currently closed :-( There will be another one!
Maybe it was meant to be. Good luck in your search. There are a lot of A6's out there you'll find a good one.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 155 Likes on 125 Posts

Indeed there will be another hopefully closer to home. As you have probably deduced from my screen name an Acura NSX shares the garage with my A6. It is a /94 that I found in Arizona almost 9 years ago with 18,800 miles on the clock in the care of an older gentleman who babied it. Took me better part of a year to find what I was looking for and a couple of false starts. If I could find the NSX rest assured you will hit on an A6 that checks all of your boxes.

Best,
Jeff
Old 06-20-2017, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

There will be another one!
For sure...and if it makes you feel any better it took me over a year and a half to find mine but I am typically not in a rush for anything...........

Last edited by DanfZX14; 06-21-2017 at 03:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Shipping Vehicle