Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Should have gotten the Night Vision!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 08:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should have gotten the Night Vision!

So, I got my A6 prestige w/20' SP in August and thought I got all the options I would need. Only options I didn't get were the night vision/HUD and B/O system. I got everything else.

Well, I have been going to central OH for the past 2 months for work. I live in NOVA and it take me about 5.5 hours to get out here if I fly (1.5 hours to get to the airport, 1.5 hour flying, .5 to get a rental, and 2 hours driving from Columbus to the client site). Well, I figured it take about 6.5 hours to drive 420 miles. So this is the second time driving it. Plus, I don't have to part the phantom black beauty all week! Anyways, I was driving about 80mph on rt50 in WV. If you don't know rt50, it is quite scenic, very hilly, lots of turns and mountainous. Anyways, it was around 11pm, boom, I see 2 Bambies on the road. I swear I don't know how I missed those suckers! Ok, so I am driving a little slower, and 30 min later boom, another dear dead smack middle of the road! I swerved off to the median and stopped my car and I think I wetted my pants (just kidding). Yes, I missed this sucker too but man it was hairy! I don't drive on the country side in the middle of the night too often but man, I think the night vision would have helped me in this situation.

So, moral of the story is if you are going to pay $65K for a car, pay the little extra to get the night vision!

I go back home on Friday and there is no way in hell that I am going to do this after sundown.

One more note, on my way here, on rt68, I hit 130 and man the ride was pretty nice! The car just settles down nicely.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NewbiAudi
So, I got my A6 prestige w/20' SP in August and thought I got all the options I would need. Only options I didn't get were the night vision/HUD and B/O system. I got everything else.
Means you did not get innovation package which includes lots more then just hud/night vision.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greeting from NoVa!

The night vision is cool and I can see where it would'v been some what useful, but its really better at detecting humans, that animals. I was coming up Jefferson Davis HWY from Woodbridge to Alexandria, this morning and there were a lot of people darting across the the street to catch buses, so I really got the see it full effect today. I'm not sure if I'll use it every day, but the novelty seems like it could wear off quickly.

SWEAT for hitting 130! I hit 110 yesterday at an insanely fast clip, then I reminded myself with super turbo charged power comes great responsibility lol!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lostnspace
Greeting from NoVa!

The night vision is cool and I can see where it would'v been some what useful, but its really better at detecting humans, that animals. I was coming up Jefferson Davis HWY from Woodbridge to Alexandria, this morning and there were a lot of people darting across the the street to catch buses, so I really got the see it full effect today. I'm not sure if I'll use it every day, but the novelty seems like it could wear off quickly.
Interesting...I was afraid that might be the case for deer/wildlife. Had briefly entertained it since I routinely drive through southern Colorado. Glad I didn't though, as it seems lees useful for the rural roads.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's distracting and novelty fades fast