Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Six week driving impressions and a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Congratulations on your new car.

I had a 2013 A6 and still miss it.

Steering - Yes. It was very light, even in dynamic mode. My '17 A7 has a heavy steering but it feels artificially heavier. I prefer the light one over the fake weighted new steering.

Vibrations - My car was 4 yrs old and had 18k miles on the odo. Zero vibrations. Nothing was replaced either. It was as smooth as silk flowing over silk.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuba
I'm in the DC area on the Virginia side of the river.
Most readers will never remember your location so putting it under your name so that readers can reference to it makes your posts more useful for interpretation and for responses. Of course, this applies to all posters who omit this information and expect relevance on a forum of international members.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Just figured out how to edit that, I kept missing the pencil click in the profile for some reason.

So now right after I asked the voice command question and schedule an appointment it's working just fine with one click. Magic. There must have been something in there jamming it that I crushed out of the way.

The vibration thing is what is most annoying and I hope they don't act like it's normal, I put my hand on the passenger seat yesterday at a stop light and it was like a mild massage. If it's supposed to be silky smooth then something is up.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Just figured out how to edit that, I kept missing the pencil click in the profile for some reason.

So now right after I asked the voice command question and schedule an appointment it's working just fine with one click. Magic. There must have been something in there jamming it that I crushed out of the way.

The vibration thing is what is most annoying and I hope they don't act like it's normal, I put my hand on the passenger seat yesterday at a stop light and it was like a mild massage. If it's supposed to be silky smooth then something is up.
Thank You.
The vibration is far from normal, mine is the silky smooth that you should experience, I hope they sort it out
Old 02-16-2017, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

For whatever it is worth, I had vibrations coming through on my 2010 A6 3.0 starting at about 1,000 miles. I brought it in several times and the dealer said it was normal because these are longitudinally mounted engines. They said cars like Acura have transverse mounted engines that minimize the vibration that gets through to the body, the steering wheel, seats, etc.
I subsequently got a 2013 A6 2.0 and then in fall 2015 a 2016 A6 2.0. Both these cars transit much less vibration through to the cabin, steering wheel, seats, etc. than the 2010 did with the 3.0 V-6. Go figure.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Like I said. My car was so smooth it was like silk flowing over silk!! I swear. No kidding. I haven't driven any car yet that felt so smooth!!!
There definitely is something wrong if you feel vibes when you put your hand on the passenger seat.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
My car was so smooth it was like silk flowing over silk!!
+1

Vibration=Problem
Old 02-16-2017, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coming up on 70k for me and zero vibrations. It's not normal
Old 02-16-2017, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

The vibration at idle is coming from the engine. It could be a motor mount on it's way out, a spark plug misfiring or a fuel injector.

They can read the ECU for codes to see if there are any pending codes indicating what (if any) cylinder is the culprit.

The plugs should be good at 48K miles but if the dealer can't find a problem, ask them to change them to eliminate that variable.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both my 14 A6 and 16 S6 have a slight vibration at idle, it was worse in the A6. I know I'm ultra sensitive but after driven half dozen of loaner A6s I'm in the camp that these cars just have it for whatever reason. It's not annoying but something I can definitely feel. For comparison, I don't feel it in our 2011 Sienna minivan (there's other vibrations there once you hit over 70mph but that's just where German cars excel and cars made for American market poop out).

Quick Reply: Six week driving impressions and a couple questions