Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Sway Bars

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sway Bars

Has anyone found a vendor that has made sway bars for our car yet? I thought I had a lead on AWE, but as it turns out they mistakenly posted a product that does not exist. More calls to more distributors have brought the same answers. I was specifically looking for H&R, but would entertain others. I don't want Stasis as I already have springs and Stasis does not sell the sway individually.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I believe it was ManishAudi that was asking the same question. IIRC, it was suggested that S6/S7 sway bars might be larger.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tenspeed
I believe it was ManishAudi that was asking the same question. IIRC, it was suggested that S6/S7 sway bars might be larger.
The front bar is the same for A6/S6, the rear bar on the S6 is the same as the A6 with sport suspension (21 or 21.5mm, can't remember the exact dimension). A6 without sport suspension has a smaller bar, believed it is either 19 or 19.5mm
Old 07-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by NVThs1
Has anyone found a vendor that has made sway bars for our car yet? I thought I had a lead on AWE, but as it turns out they mistakenly posted a product that does not exist. More calls to more distributors have brought the same answers. I was specifically looking for H&R, but would entertain others. I don't want Stasis as I already have springs and Stasis does not sell the sway individually.
What springs do you have on your vehicle currently? Depending on the springs you have we can certainly get you set up with a STaSIS rear sway bar.
PM me if you have questions on this.

Best Regards,
Jack
Old 07-12-2013, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jack@STaSIS
PM me if you have questions on this.
PM sent. Thanks,
Old 07-23-2013, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I wanted to close this thread with the final outcome. Jack at Stasis came through and was able to sell me the sway bar as a separate item. Based on my H&R springs, they met the requirements for the bar to work and perform to Stasis standards. They only sell the rear bar which Jack says is the more important end to brace up. If anyone is interested, you can PM Jack off his post on this thread. He is quick to respond and quick to act once you commit to a purchase. I had my bar within days of ordering it. It is now sitting waiting for me to install it. Most likely will have it done at my 15k check up at my dealer since they are Stasis authorized. Thanks Jack.

FYI, the box makes a great shipping box for a golf club (driver). I needed a box and the stasis box fit the driver perfectly. Couldn't have asked for a better ending to that. HAHA
Old 07-23-2013, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Let us know what kind of improvement you get with the RSB whenever you get it installed.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
Let us know what kind of improvement you get with the RSB whenever you get it installed.
Will do. I might actually do another track event towards the end of the summer at the Autobahn again. If I do, I will be sure to have the bar on so I can compare the difference as I have been on the Autobahn north track (for those that might know what I am talking about) with 4 different cars. So we will see what the bar does with this one.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Sway Bar

Originally Posted by NVThs1
- Talked to Jack at Stasis and ordered RSB through dealer. Same price. Installed today by dealer ($140). Makes a huge difference in both low and high speed cornering. LOVE IT! I just came out of a S4 Avant with a bunch of mods and wanted the S6 to be closer to the "feel". With the added size/weight of the 6 I was not sure it would ever happen. The huge sway bar from Stasis makes a world of difference.--Has anyone installed a front one. Is it an overkill?
Old 08-15-2013, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by bobs43
- Talked to Jack at Stasis and ordered RSB through dealer. Same price. Installed today by dealer ($140). Makes a huge difference in both low and high speed cornering. LOVE IT! I just came out of a S4 Avant with a bunch of mods and wanted the S6 to be closer to the "feel". With the added size/weight of the 6 I was not sure it would ever happen. The huge sway bar from Stasis makes a world of difference.--Has anyone installed a front one. Is it an overkill?
Thanks for the news. I actually have not installed mine yet. Been rather busy with life outside of the car. My 15k check is in 2k miles so I will have them throw it on then. Looking more forward to it now.

As for the front. Jack @ Stasis said it is really not needed based on their R&D. To be honest, I do not know of one that actually exists for our car at this time.

Quick Reply: Sway Bars