TCU factory reset cost at dealer - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

TCU factory reset cost at dealer

Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011

TCU factory reset cost at dealer

Old 01-09-2019, 10:30 AM
  #1  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
jpru2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 72
Default TCU factory reset cost at dealer

I was recently getting my wife's A6 done and it had a stored transmission code. My wife had noticed some odd gear changes from time to time. (I will have the actual code from him this afternoon) My indy said the initial treatment is a TCU software reset that has to be done at the dealer. Anyone know how much they charge for this?
jpru2001 is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 04:15 PM
  #2  
AudiWorld Super User
 
DB22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 2,034
Default

Originally Posted by jpru2001 View Post
I was recently getting my wife's A6 done and it had a stored transmission code. My wife had noticed some odd gear changes from time to time. (I will have the actual code from him this afternoon) My indy said the initial treatment is a TCU software reset that has to be done at the dealer. Anyone know how much they charge for this?
Did you want your answer in any currency in particular? Not giving any location does open up responses from Egypt to Australia which may or may not be what you are asking for. Anyone that posts without a location deserves an ambiguous response. If you are serious about an answer then give the information necessary for a relevant response.
DB22 is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 04:44 PM
  #3  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
jpru2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 72
Default

Originally Posted by DB22 View Post

Did you want your answer in any currency in particular? Not giving any location does open up responses from Egypt to Australia which may or may not be what you are asking for. Anyone that posts without a location deserves an ambiguous response. If you are serious about an answer then give the information necessary for a relevant response.
I did in fact take time out of my day to seek an answer. I am in the southeastern United States. Let me know if there is any other information necessary for a relevant response. Thank you. You should also note the sloth in my avi has a US flag on his astronaut's space suit.

Last edited by jpru2001; 01-09-2019 at 04:48 PM.
jpru2001 is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 04:54 PM
  #4  
AudiWorld Super User
 
DB22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 2,034
Default

Originally Posted by jpru2001 View Post
I did in fact take time out of my day to seek an answer. I am in the southeastern United States. Let me know if there is any other information necessary for a relevant response. Thank you. You should also note the sloth in my avi has a US flag on his astronaut's space suit.
Sorry, I didn’t realize that a US flag on a sloth in an avatar was supposed to mean that you lived somewhere in the USA.
Maybe posting your location under your “sloth” would help you?
DB22 is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 04:56 PM
  #5  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
jpru2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 72
Default

Originally Posted by DB22 View Post

Sorry, I didn’t realize that a US flag on a sloth in an avatar was supposed to mean that you lived somewhere in the USA.
It was a joke trying to lighten up the thread after your initial condescending reply which would have worked with "Where are you located?".
jpru2001 is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 05:12 PM
  #6  
AudiWorld Super User
 
DB22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 2,034
Default

Originally Posted by jpru2001 View Post
It was a joke trying to lighten up the thread after your initial condescending reply which would have worked with "Where are you located?".
But, “where are you located” still didn’t get your location under your sloth.
DB22 is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 05:17 PM
  #7  
AudiWorld Super User
 
KevinGary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 4,755
Default

Since he added his location are you going to answer his question?
KevinGary is online now  
Old 01-09-2019, 05:17 PM
  #8  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
jpru2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 72
Default

Originally Posted by DB22 View Post

But, “where are you located” still didn’t get your location under your sloth.
Look again!


jpru2001 is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 05:25 PM
  #9  
AudiWorld Super User
 
DB22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 2,034
Default

Originally Posted by KevinGary View Post
Since he added his location are you going to answer his question?
I’ve forgotten what his question was😁
DB22 is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 06:12 PM
  #10  
AudiWorld Super User
 
DB22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 2,034
Default

Originally Posted by KevinGary View Post
Since he added his location are you going to answer his question?
Yes, if you want to know how much the dealer will charge then why wouldn’t you call the dealer and ask them, “How much would you charge”?
DB22 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TCU factory reset cost at dealer


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: