Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Unresponsive Salesperson

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Unresponsive Salesperson

I am dealing with a salesperson on a new vehicle and they are being quite unresponsive. They repeatedly tell me they will get back to me by x o'clock, and then never call, even though (or perhaps because) I have told them that my decision is quite time sensitive.

I assume this is all part of their sales game, but I find it rude and annoying.

Should I call the sales manager (who I assume is in on any games he may be playing) and tell him the deal is in jeopardy if things don't improve. This will be the second car I have bought from this dealer, but it is a different salesperson.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go to another dealer. If they are not interested in your business, why give them a second chance?
Old 05-23-2013, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by fEArmE
I would go to another dealer. If they are not interested in your business, why give them a second chance?
There are not a lot of dealers by me, and I generally like the dealership. We are close on a deal but this guy is dragging his feet.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
Should I call the sales manager
Yes. Express your frustration to him and see what happens.
Is it possible that since you've been talking to the salesperson for several weeks now that he's not feeling you're really serious now?

Last edited by snagitseven; 05-23-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Should I call the sales manager
Yes, I would do so. Not the same situation as I had concluded a deal, placed the order and when my car finally was built / came in, an incentive that I was assured I would get was no longer in place.

I had to go to the sales manager to help resolve the issue. He was good, and worked with me on a fair compromise.

Just be professional, fair but firm and hold your ground
Old 05-23-2013, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am dealing with a salesperson on a new vehicle and they are being quite unresponsive. They repeatedly tell me they will get back to me by x o'clock, and then never call, even though (or perhaps because) I have told them that my decision is quite time sensitive.

Should I call the sales manager (who I assume is in on any games he may be playing) and tell him the deal is in jeopardy if things don't improve. This will be the second car I have bought from this dealer, but it is a different salesperson.
I tend to feel like the sales person is my initial point of contact. But that after a bit, and most certainly once I'm serious about buying, it's usually the manager that I'm dealing with directly. He may very well use the sales person to iron out the details, but I tend to consider my primary point of contact to be the manager.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Definetly Deal Directly with Sales Manager

The salesman is only there to do the grunt work for the manager. If you are that close to a deal, all decisions are now in the managers hands anyway. It makes no difference if he is in on the "games", he still is the approval authority at this point. So why not deal with him? Tell him anything you want about the salesman -- you don't like him, you don't respect his professionalism, you don't trust him, he is unresponsive, etc. If you can't make a deal with the manager at this point, you aren't going to make a deal period.

Even if you like this dealership better, I'd still go talk to whatever other dealership is available. You can always come back to this one for service after you buy elsewhere.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I am dealing with a salesperson on a new vehicle and they are being quite unresponsive. .
In my experience, Audi salespeople are not as experienced or professional as their counterparts at Mercedes, BMW, and Lexus - or even Infiniti. And Infiniti is pretty bad. The Audi dealership network is a very weak link in Audi's organization.

On the other hand, I had my first Audi service appointment this week - and they were very professional. On par with my service experiences at Mercedes, BMW and Lexus.

I think the difference comes down to incentives and compensation. Audi has incentives in place (with follow-up surveys) for service employees. Audi does not have a similar program for sales. As a result, Audi salespeople and generally very poor.

My suggestion - go directly to the sales manager - or even the general manager of the dealership. I am fortunate that I live in a city where if one dealership is not providing quality customer service - I have a choice of several other dealers.

Good luck with your purchase.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Audi Canada has follow up surveys for new car and CPO sales. Surprised this is not the case for AoA.

I am lucky there are 8 Audi dealerships within 35 miles so I have choice.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by qqq1970
Audi Canada has follow up surveys for new car and CPO sales. Surprised this is not the case for AoA.

I am lucky there are 8 Audi dealerships within 35 miles so I have choice.
Aoa does have follow up surveys. Lots of them in fact.

To the op, I would ask for the sakes manager or another rep. If he's too busy to take your money then let someone else earn it.

Quick Reply: Unresponsive Salesperson