Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017
View Poll Results: S Line or Not?
It is a must for sporty ride and look
77.33%
Comfort is more important
22.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Would you go S Line?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Would you go S Line?

Please vote...
Old 07-16-2011, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

skip the S-Line and just give me the S6 or S7 car. S-Line is no replacement for the real thing...
Old 07-16-2011, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default S line is different from sport package

both have same suspension so really no difference
Old 07-16-2011, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ky_soldier
skip the S-Line and just give me the S6 or S7 car. S-Line is no replacement for the real thing...
That's what I'm waitng for. Gotta have my V8
Old 07-17-2011, 04:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

From what I've been able to discern, S-Line refers to some styling clues on the Prestige, where the sport packages includes different wheels and some changes to the suspension which (according to my sales guy) results in less than 1/2 inch drop and perhaps a little firmer ride.

I do prefer some of the wheels of the sport packages to my standard Prestige wheels, but to my eyes the car would benefit from an inch or more drop.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

In Canada S Line package drops the suspension by 20mm or 0.8 inch so it is more than stylistic cues.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also with the S-line for all the modders out there, you can't add the ABT front and side parts. I am pretty certain the rear as well. Just the spoiler
Old 05-15-2013, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

S-Line (included as part of the Prestige trim in the U.S.) includes a different front bumper better integrated lower side grills, side rails tapering out to the rear wheels and a different rear bumper and body colored valance.

Sport package (separate from the S-Line) includes either 19" or 20" dedicated wheels, differently rated suspension components, three-spoke steering wheel and steering column shift paddles.

I have both of the above and I feel the S-Line is very distinctive and adds more swoop to the lines for a more pleasing aesthetic.

The Sport package lowers the car .8" with 19" or 20" wheels that are considerably nicer than the non-sport offerings. I use the shift paddles frequently, particularly when downshifting. After driving the non-sport A6, the sport version adds significant handling improvement and better appearance, albeit with a tad more firmness over crappy roads. Very liveable ride even here in MA where bad roads are proudly traveled like a badge of courage.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I have both of the above and I feel the S-Line is very distinctive and adds more swoop to the lines for a more pleasing aesthetic.
My car looks the same as yours except for the S-Line exterior, and if I could add the S-Line I definitely would. It adds sportiness. I always enjoy looking at the photo of your car in your signature.

I used the shift paddles for the first time yesterday and they were great! I much prefer it over using a throttle kick-down, which doesn't always respond as quickly or powerfully as I'd like. I look forward to driving a curvy road with the paddles soon.

Last edited by JohnnyDriver; 05-15-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyDriver
My car looks the same as yours except for the S-Line exterior, and if I could add the S-Line I definitely would. It adds sportiness. I always enjoy looking at the photo of your car in your signature.

I used the shift paddles for the first time yesterday and they were great! I much prefer it over using a throttle kick-down, which doesn't always respond as quickly or powerfully as I'd like. I look forward to driving a curvy road with the paddles soon.
You might have already found these paddle "tricks":

- The paddles will override automatic D or S modes and, if you don't manually shift with a paddle, after a few seconds of steady driving the transmission returns to your last automatic D or S mode on its own with no intervention. No use of the console gear shifter to manual is necessary.

- If you are in paddle manual mode, pull the console gear shifter down one time to leave manual mode and immediately return back to your last auto transmission setting (D or S).

Quick Reply: Would you go S Line?