A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

2018 S6 or 2019 A6?

 
Old 02-01-2019, 03:32 PM
  #21  
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2
Default

Originally Posted by SCarGuy View Post
To the OP, the point is largely moot as well, because they won't be the same lease payment unless you structure the transactions dramatically differently to one another.
I am the OP. I have quote right now for a 2018 S6 and 2019 A6. Sticker are 78k and 68k respectively. The monthlty lease payment diff is $28. Test driving them back to back tomorrow.

Appreciate any thoughts from all you Audiphile out here? Would like hear pros and cons, etc. Thanx

Audirm is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 03:45 PM
  #22  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 2,265
Default

Originally Posted by Audirm View Post

I am the OP. I have quote right now for a 2018 S6 and 2019 A6. Sticker are 78k and 68k respectively. The monthlty lease payment diff is $28. Test driving them back to back tomorrow.

Appreciate any thoughts from all you Audiphile out here? Would like hear pros and cons, etc. Thanx

which sort of goes to my point

the reason they are now close is because of the added discount on the S6. This was not a thing in October when the thread began

Vastly different types of cars. My preference is the more analog S6, since I want performance and comfort; although the interior of the 19 is light years ahead and I find it a nicer place to be (much more contemporary). All depends what you favor the most
SCarGuy is offline  
Old 02-02-2019, 08:52 AM
  #23  
AudiWorld Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Broomfield, CO
Posts: 26
Default

Please share your impressions. I am very interested in this comparison, as I consider the very same thing. Especially interested in your view on ride comfort. I read that S6 ride is very harsh.
malutki is offline  
Old 02-26-2019, 10:32 PM
  #24  
AudiWorld Member
 
ONI1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Posts: 85
Default

Originally Posted by Audirm View Post

I am the OP. I have quote right now for a 2018 S6 and 2019 A6. Sticker are 78k and 68k respectively. The monthlty lease payment diff is $28. Test driving them back to back tomorrow.

Appreciate any thoughts from all you Audiphile out here? Would like hear pros and cons, etc. Thanx

Wow how was it that a 10k price difference only ended up being a $28 monthly lease difference? When I was lookimg into leasing, did the math with several dealers between the 2018 vs 2019 (which was about 10k price difference) ended up being and lease difference was about $110 per month extra. How much down?
ONI1013 is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 07:02 AM
  #25  
AudiWorld Super User
 
VipinLJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,157
Default

Originally Posted by SCarGuy View Post


which sort of goes to my point

the reason they are now close is because of the added discount on the S6. This was not a thing in October when the thread began

Vastly different types of cars. My preference is the more analog S6, since I want performance and comfort; although the interior of the 19 is light years ahead and I find it a nicer place to be (much more contemporary). All depends what you favor the most
I absolute agree.

Originally Posted by ONI1013 View Post


Wow how was it that a 10k price difference only ended up being a $28 monthly lease difference? When I was lookimg into leasing, did the math with several dealers between the 2018 vs 2019 (which was about 10k price difference) ended up being and lease difference was about $110 per month extra. How much down?
thats the sticker price he mentioned (which I assume is the MSRP?). There are huge discounts on the C7 cars now since the C8s are out. I read in one of the forums (could even be this) that someone managed to get 25% off of a C7 (I forgot which one though).
VipinLJ is offline  
Old 02-28-2019, 06:11 AM
  #26  
AudiWorld Member
 
ONI1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Posts: 85
Default

Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post


I absolute agree.



thats the sticker price he mentioned (which I assume is the MSRP?). There are huge discounts on the C7 cars now since the C8s are out. I read in one of the forums (could even be this) that someone managed to get 25% off of a C7 (I forgot which one though).
I wasn’t referring to the actual prices of the cars (MSRP or discounted). I was merely saying a $10k difference in car prices (regardless of car prices) shouldn’t only be $28/mo lease difference mathematically. Unless he dropped substantially more money on down payment or residual price after lease was substantially higher. But if all things being equal (down payment, residual price), I don’t see how the lease payments only differs by $28/mo with a 10k difference. I know bc I was negotiating same price difference ($10k) between a 2018 A6 vs 2019 A6.
ONI1013 is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
RJC 1
Q7 MKII Discussion
36
02-10-2019 06:38 PM
hipppo
A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion
6
06-03-2018 03:36 AM
texas-wheels01
Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion
3
05-30-2018 09:48 AM
kakgungor
Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion
19
11-12-2017 11:14 AM
McRockFish
Q7 Discussion
5
07-28-2017 01:06 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 S6 or 2019 A6?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: