A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

A6 shopping, advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Van100
around 3K
Who's it through? I'm considering getting one before the factory runs out.
Old 04-20-2024, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Carmax
The following users liked this post:
Audi Logic (04-21-2024)
Old 04-21-2024, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I like the c8 platform and their internal cabin and electronics are probably the coolest looking on the market. I like premium Plus in a V6 turbo version. But I'll be honest and say there are many concerns that I'm grappling with

I've been a huge Audi fan since 2012.. I have a 2013 A8 and I bought a 2014 R8 brand new which now only has 12,000 miles on it. I truly want to continue to like Audi but they are not the same company they used to be.. many key execs we're fired or have left and one went to Hyundai and they now have b&o sound systems in many of their cars. I'm not saying Hyundai is a good car but what I'm saying is that what can happen when a key important executive leaves a manufacturer and what he can bring to the table when he goes to another manufacturer

the AUDI BSG issue , which was introduced in 2019 if I'm not mistaken, scares me.. they still don't have a fix apparently but of course Mercedes has had a similar issue with that technology. But I think they have resolved .Audi had a water pump settlement. It's like they did nothing about the impeller issue for many years until somebody started a class action. I just don't get it. They had another settlement also but that escapes me for the time being

I truly want to like Audi as I have in the past. But they have changed They
use to.have a flagship division.. they got rid of it many years ago. I remember a guy named Bradley Hollister, who is now an assm, was an amazing exec that would help you if you had issues.. even there general regular AUDI. USA customer service many years ago was totally different than it is today. But you would have had to have an Audi for many years to know about the vast different feeling between speaking with a rep many years ago and speaking with one today

I got to admit Audi lures you back in with their unique styling and ergonomics especially compared to the lack of creativity that BMW offers and the dizziness that occurs when you stare inside a Mercedes cabin. I'm just disappointed that there have been so many big changes with AUDI and when the car spends more time in the shop due to electrical issues rather than simple mechanical ones. That becomes a problem.. I get it that's the way technology is right now. Electronics rules everything. But I'm just saying , , ,

​​​​​​It's a tough call for me right now.. I'm even thinking of going back to my boring Lexus LS 460 which doesn't compare to the thrill of an Audi especially an A8 or an A6 but is much more reliable in many ways . I just have to make a decision and either say 'oh what the hell , let's go back to the thrilling ride of an Audi" or simply say "playtime is over"

​​​​​
Good luck to the op in finding his A6 and may you have many years of enjoyment and very few shop days.

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 04-21-2024 at 12:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Van100 (04-23-2024)
Old 04-21-2024, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by GR8-LIFE
I just have to make a decision and either say 'oh what the hell , let's go back to the thrilling ride of an Audi" or simply say "playtime is over"

​​​​​
Good luck to the op in finding his A6 and may you have many years of enjoyment and very few shop days.
As a long time Audi and VW owner I completely understand where you are coming from. Unfortunately once you get used to what the brand has to offer, it's difficult to drive another car that's checks all the boxes.I was planning on waiting to buy another car until they transitioned to electric but my hand was forced and after looking at other brands I decided that I'm here to stay at least for the next year or two. Lol
Old 04-22-2024, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As an owner of a 2024 45 TFSI A6, I would not disregard the 2.0 Turbo A6 out of hand. I have been very pleasantly surprised by car's power and around town flexibility of the Turbo 2.0. I came to the A6 from a 2014 Cadillac CTS (RWD) with the 3.6L natural aspirated 321 HP V6. To be perfectly frank, I don't notice the A6's 54 HP deficit, especially with the fatter torque curve of the A6's turbo 4, lower down in the rev range and the fast responding dual clutch transmission.
The following 2 users liked this post by CAPTBobJ:
Audi Logic (04-22-2024), DadAudi (04-22-2024)