A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice

Hey All,

I love Audi’s and have loved them for their look, drive, technology and their value. In most cases I’ve found it to be superior to their German counterparts when you go apples to apples. After a few years hiatus I am HEAVILY considering an A6 Prestige. I am coming to you all first to ask for any advice? Most importantly, is there anything you wished you had known before you purchased, that you know now? Anyone out there with regrets? I don’t want buyers remorse and this is 100% the best way to hear all sides. (I am scouring through this site as well)

Thank you!
Old 06-16-2019, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Nothing? No one wishes they would have known something?
Old 06-16-2019, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by aw9nineteen
Nothing? No one wishes they would have known something?
Only thing I wish Audi did better was the subtle rattles and creaks in the sunroof and trims in the dash and door panels. Not a deal breaker where I regret getting it, but something I wished they did better. I may have just gotten bad luck with this one, as I driven another 2019 A6 loaner that was rock solidly quiet. And I also am aware many cars are plagued with rattles and creak noises, but in my experience with other brands (particularly Lexus for 15 years), I have never had those noise issues.

Other than that, love the car!! I agree, I prefer the styling over the BMW 5 series and Mercedes E-Class. And the technology and safety features are amazing. Love using the Adaptive Cruise everyday in my commute in traffic.

Last edited by ONI1013; 06-16-2019 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had my A6 Prestige in Glacier White w/ sport package on the optional 21" wheels for about a month and a half. I get so many compliments it is crazy. I even have people taking pictures of the car when it is parked.
I have owned quite a few different Audi's, this is my 2nd A6. I would say this car is a luxury sedan, has a gorgeous interior and the exterior is very meaty looking, slightly aggressive.
Have had a few gremlins pop up, but other than that, so far, no real complaints or regrets.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

That makes me nervous, that is my biggest car frustration, noise inside the cabin. Have you taken it to the dealer?
Old 06-18-2019, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CarmG993
I have had my A6 Prestige in Glacier White w/ sport package on the optional 21" wheels for about a month and a half. I get so many compliments it is crazy. I even have people taking pictures of the car when it is parked.
I have owned quite a few different Audi's, this is my 2nd A6. I would say this car is a luxury sedan, has a gorgeous interior and the exterior is very meaty looking, slightly aggressive.
Have had a few gremlins pop up, but other than that, so far, no real complaints or regrets.
What gremlins?
Old 06-18-2019, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I had my Prestige for a month now. no rattles on mine. How ever my SD and USB didn't work, had to take it in and they fixed it. I love my car, it's a cut above the rest of German, I came from BMW.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a 2019 A6 premium plus with all the bells and whistles. Love it, except it creaks, groans, rattles, and pops like crazy - mostly coming from the sunroof. It’s already been to the dealer a couple of times, but the noises seem to be temperature related - less noise on temperate days, more noise when it’s hot (85+ plus and sunny) or when the temp dipped under 50... I have an appointment to take it back in next week - hoping the Oklahoma heat will cooperate and the dealer can replicate the noise and find an issue. My 2016 A6 was ROCK SOLID. If the noises can’t be fixed, I want to dump the car as soon as it makes financial sense. It’s unacceptable for a car in the price range.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here are a couple of examples of what going over bumps sounds like in my car. I'd say take a thorough test drive over rough/uneven roads to make sure yours doesn't do the same.
The following users liked this post:
Agostino Visale (07-02-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Okcgerry
Here are a couple of examples of what going over bumps sounds like in my car. I'd say take a thorough test drive over rough/uneven roads to make sure yours doesn't do the same.
https://youtu.be/zKjF_JxybuY
https://youtu.be/RrFK09lEELw
I’d be livid. Good luck

Quick Reply: Advice