A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

Fuel sender recall..

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2023, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

Thank you AudiWorld family. I have an appointment this week for my fuel sender recall but have a nearly full tank of gas. No mention about having less than half a tank when appointment was made. I don’t care for dealers! I’ll reschedule so as not to waste a trip there. Thanks for saving me time!
Old 02-26-2023, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 293 Likes on 251 Posts

Sadly for me I live an hour one way so that easily was a waste of time, but it gave me a chance to look and decide a replacement vehicle for my wife.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Recalls complete as of today, 14 March

Unlike others here, my dealer service manager told me about the 1/4 remaining tank requirement about four months ago, when he said the parts would be available this spring. I had three instances of the gas gauge sticking, including one where I only had one gallon remaining in the tank, and the last over the past weekend as I was driving to get the tank to the 1/4 mark (estimated since the gauge was not working).

Current drive:
2020 A6 Prestige with Auto Park and Auto Hold added.

Last edited by NoVA Nav1; 03-14-2023 at 08:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DadAudi (03-14-2023)
Old 03-14-2023, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got mines done last week, fuel tank was full, they didn't tell me it needed to be almost empty, but they did it anyways, they drained the tank.
Old 03-14-2023, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 293 Likes on 251 Posts

Mine was done Monday and it took awhile since I needed to drive my tank level down lol.
Old 03-14-2023, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Just had mine done on Friday, along with the can-bus protection and a cracked radiator hose that required the service visit. I had an almost full tank. 80 miles off a full tank. I didn't know they were going to do the fuel sender but the service manager said it only made it more difficult, not impossible to do and that I may smell gas. I've been driving around for 2 days now and all is ok.
Old 03-15-2023, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartenderfloyd
Just had mine done on Friday, along with the can-bus protection and a cracked radiator hose that required the service visit. I had an almost full tank. 80 miles off a full tank. I didn't know they were going to do the fuel sender but the service manager said it only made it more difficult, not impossible to do and that I may smell gas. I've been driving around for 2 days now and all is ok.
Mine is in the shop now getting the fuel level sender and can-bus protection recalls done. Was your’s done in 1 day? I’m on day 3 now because the service advisor “advised” it’s normally a 2-day job to do the fuel level sender. Have a feeling he’s BSing me — he failed to mention that when I dropped it off. Only at the end of day 2 when it still wasn’t done. I love dealers.
Old 03-15-2023, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobeisenberg
Mine is in the shop now getting the fuel level sender and can-bus protection recalls done. Was your’s done in 1 day? I’m on day 3 now because the service advisor “advised” it’s normally a 2-day job to do the fuel level sender. Have a feeling he’s BSing me — he failed to mention that when I dropped it off. Only at the end of day 2 when it still wasn’t done. I love dealers.
I really don't know how long it took as I dropped the car off on Monday evening and the coolant pipe that cracked didn't come in until Friday. By that time the recalls were already complete.
Bobeisenberg (03-16-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Recall Dealer Time

Originally Posted by NoVA Nav1
Unlike others here, my dealer service manager told me about the 1/4 remaining tank requirement about four months ago, when he said the parts would be available this spring. I had three instances of the gas gauge sticking, including one where I only had one gallon remaining in the tank, and the last over the past weekend as I was driving to get the tank to the 1/4 mark (estimated since the gauge was not working).

Current drive:
2020 A6 Prestige with Auto Park and Auto Hold added.
It has been a week since I dropped my A6 at the dealer for the two recalls and some additional work.
Recalls were done in three days but the wheel scrape repair (covered by wheel damage policy) and an on-going issue with the alarm going off after the car is parked are taking longer. The dealer servers being down for most of one day did not help.
I'm getting tired of driving a Q5 loaner around. Not an SUV guy.
Old 03-28-2023, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had mine done a couple weeks ago - fuel tank sender, carriage module, plus 20,000 mile service and tire rotation. They told me 2, possibly 3 days but were done in one. They did tell me to have it below half a tank, but when I picked it up the car smelled like they spilled that half tank in the car. There was no damage, but it has taken 2 weeks of parking with the windows open while in the garage for the odor to dissipate.
DadAudi (03-28-2023)

Quick Reply: Fuel sender recall..