A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

Hidden Euro Cup holders on my US A6 C8

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Hidden Euro Cup holders on my US A6 C8

Received my Retrofit Package for the hidden cup holders that come standard in the Euro models from Alex @ Europrice.us. Wasn't about to risk installing this myself so I took it to my local Audi dealership and had them install it. It was supposed to be an easy install but it took them about 5 hours. Luckily they only charged me for the 1 hour labor and install which came out to just under $200. The cup holders are just a tad bit smaller because of the cover but still fit any water bottle or drink. The grain on the wood doesn't match up but I don't mind it. The color is the same and it looks SO much cleaner when you have the cover closed. Highly recommend this mod.

The following users liked this post:
Alex@Europrice.us (04-23-2020)
Old 04-23-2020, 02:55 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 234 Likes on 188 Posts

So much tidier!

Thank you again for your purchase. If you have an IG account to tag please let me know.

Cheers,

The following users liked this post:
atxaudi20 (04-24-2020)
Old 04-23-2020, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 494 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by atxaudi20
Received my Retrofit Package for the hidden cup holders that come standard in the Euro models from Alex @ Europrice.us.
Big improvement.

Small correction - in most "Euro" countries (there are 44), the cup holder cover does not come as standard. You have to select wood trim, which is an added cost option over the base finish which is graphite grey fine lacquer. In Germany by example, around $800 for the wood.

At least one North American region country, Mexico, includes wood trim at no cost as per the US market, but Mexico get the covers as well as the free wood.

I actually like that the grain doesn't match, makes it look even more natural.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Glisse
Big improvement.

Small correction - in most "Euro" countries (there are 44), the cup holder cover does not come as standard. You have to select wood trim, which is an added cost option over the base finish which is graphite grey fine lacquer. In Germany by example, around $800 for the wood.

At least one North American region country, Mexico, includes wood trim at no cost as per the US market, but Mexico get the covers as well as the free wood.

I actually like that the grain doesn't match, makes it look even more natural.
Oh okay nice my mistake. Just from reading the forums on here I thought it was standard for the Euro models but I guess not. Thanks though I had been eyeing this mod since the day I bought the car lol approximately 4 weeks ago.
Old 04-24-2020, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 177 Likes on 142 Posts

Love this look much better than the US open cup holder option. I did the same to my Q8
Old 10-01-2020, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

How does this mod effect the size of the cup holder? I feel like some of the bottles that I use are already snug with the original US cup holder, but it does look a lot cleaner with the Euro cup holder cover.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The diameter is about ant 1/8 inch smaller to account for the cover recessing on the side when open. My typical coffee cups fit fine. If you are a Big Gulp kind of person, you will need to rethink your drink preference.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Did you install it yourself or have someone else install it for you?

I like using insulated bottles/ for keeping my water as cold as possible as long as possible, and they generally add a little bit extra diameter
Old 10-01-2020, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Did it myself--not hard, Search the forums--someone did a nice writeup with pics that I followed to show the process. Essentially, have to use gentle, but substantial force to release the clips holding the center console in place. Recommend you start with the trim closest to you and move forward to towards the lower screen. No tools required. I did remove the gearshift handle to eliminate the risk of scratching the new cupholder (pry the leather cover off and then use a hex bolt driver) but others have had success slipping the cupholder under the loosened trim piece.
Old 05-21-2023, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about doing the same mod.

Originally Posted by atxaudi20
Received my Retrofit Package for the hidden cup holders that come standard in the Euro models from Alex @ Europrice.us. Wasn't about to risk installing this myself so I took it to my local Audi dealership and had them install it. It was supposed to be an easy install but it took them about 5 hours. Luckily they only charged me for the 1 hour labor and install which came out to just under $200. The cup holders are just a tad bit smaller because of the cover but still fit any water bottle or drink. The grain on the wood doesn't match up but I don't mind it. The color is the same and it looks SO much cleaner when you have the cover closed. Highly recommend this mod.

I love the your cup holder mod, just curious on how it's holding up. I see what you're talking about on the wood grain, I don't think that would bother me much either. Just wanted your thoughts after a couple of years of having it,

Thanks,

Louie D.
San Bernardino Ca

Quick Reply: Hidden Euro Cup holders on my US A6 C8