A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

State Farm Insurance - Drive Safe & Save

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by kumar_shah@yahoo.com
I owe thanks to the average credit card holder for paying $1,200 in annual interest at 20% because it is thanks to him that I get about $1,000 back in cash rewards.

Similarly it is thanks to people who don't want to have their driving monitored that people like me get 20-30% reduction in our auto insurance premiums.

I have read that State Farm will not raise premiums for things like acceleration, hard breaking, fast cornering, speeding, and distracted driving. That suggests all who don't use its monitoring program are already in its high risk pool.
Disagree - I get such good rates at State Farm for having a house, 3 cars, a motorcycle and personal articles policies and I have Drive Safe and Save on 1 car. Saves me $200/year. Anyhow, I've been to other brokers/independent agents, etc., and everyone comes to the same result - that I have the best rates they have seen through State Farm and can't get anywhere close to the premiums.
Old 11-30-2022, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I had three cars on my policy with State Farm. I left when my rates went up for no reason and the agent told me that their risk in Fl was greater, so rates had to increase. Funny that about 6 months after
I dropped them, they tried to get me back with a lower rate, I said no thanks. As for these drive safe programs they offer, I don't think it's in the consumer's best interest. They are looking for Data and paying
you for it. When it comes time to use that Data against you to deny your claim you will realize who they are looking out for.
Old 12-01-2022, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Agree with above - Data mining is a HUGE business these days and the results are more targeted marketing and influence - your life is just that - yours and frankly teasing a client with less cash outlay if we can 1984 you......no thanks.

USAA decreases rates the longer you stay with them - bundle house and car together - I save almost 400 bucks every 6 months. They have a good driver and an exceptional driver discount too based on claim history.

What more would you need?
Old 12-01-2022, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Banks earn about 10x from interest charges compared to interchange fees. And money is fungible, so it doesn't stand to reason that they pay cash back rewards from this money or that money.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Banks earn about 10x from interest charges compared to interchange fees. And money is fungible, so it doesn't stand to reason that they pay cash back rewards from this money or that money.
well one of us here at one point had significant interest in a processing company. I assure you, the vendors are who funds the benefits. Points, cash back -all of it. Such rewards were not always a thing. They became a thing when the vendor fees went up, and competition became more fierce. Lots of cards offer extremely low rates and/or zero points/cash back.

interest is why they exist.
Old 12-04-2022, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Not in a million years.
Old 12-04-2022, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My (our) auto insurance rates increase the more high risk drivers there are in the insurance pool that I (we) find myself (ourselves) in. Unfortunate fact of life.

The more drivers who choose to remain unmonitored and therefore in the high risk pool, the lower become the rates for those who opt to be monitored and get in and stay in the lower risk pool.

Thanks.
Old 12-04-2022, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

My (our) auto insurance rates increase the more high risk drivers there are in the insurance pool that I (we) find myself (ourselves) in. Unfortunate fact of life.

The more drivers who choose to remain unmonitored and therefore in the high risk pool, the lower become the rates for those who opt to be monitored and get in and stay in the lower risk pool.

Thanks.
So, we are all dangerous criminals but if you volunteer to wear this ankle bracelet, you're no longer dangerous.
The following 2 users liked this post by Audi Logic:
KatyTxA7 (12-04-2022), SSSSSSIX (12-04-2022)
Old 12-04-2022, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

I pay all of my card credit off each month, sorry you won’t get any interest from me, lol. None of my cards have annual fees either, except my Amex that I have had since 93, and I like their rewards. 2 of the 4 major cards have 9.9% still!! The others are 11.9 & 12.9%. Doesn’t matter, just sharing.
I get it, not everyone can pay in full and nothing wrong with that. Too many variables for rates with these as well. Again, for me, not an issue.

Funny thing about insurance rates is that they use many factors that make up your rate. Even with your savings, I may pay less than you because I could have a higher credit score, live in a better area (according to their maps), bundle more things together as others have mentioned, better driving record longer than you, older than you, different deductible, miles you drive annually, etc. My independent broker has saved me more than I found on my own when I shopped.

BTW, I pay just over $2,900 per year for the following with $500 deductible, full coverage including rental coverage:
2013 Explorer (has less than 24k miles, lol), wife’s car
2014 Mustang 5.0 (for my now 26 yr old son)
2022 GMC AT4, fully loaded, 6.2L, my daily
2022 Cadillac CT5V Blackwing my fun car, love that 6.2L supercharged LT4!!

If you’re happy with rates, that’s all that matters. Have a nice day and stay happy 👍
Old 12-04-2022, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

That seems optimistic. Unless you drive perfectly, the insurance company will tell you exactly how many times you rolled a stop sign or didn't stop behind the stop line, or drove 30 in a 25. Then you are in the high risk pool. Everyone is the high risk pool, just varying degrees of high risk (and high rates). Why would an insurance company do otherwise so long as they all do it?

Quick Reply: State Farm Insurance - Drive Safe & Save