A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

2004 Audi A6 2.7T - Aux Water Pump Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Audi A6 2.7T - Aux Water Pump Replacement

I read a couple of great posts about replacing the auxiliary water pump on the Audi A6, and am grateful that I found them to be so helpful. I am about to start the project myself and wonder if anyone is able to share the relevant Bentley manual pages to help identify various components as I step through this project and remove the intake manifold.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2004 Audi A6 2.7T - Aux Water Pump Replacement

I haven't had a single reply. Am I doing something wrong? Perhaps I should be asking where I can download a PDF copy of the manual for a fee? I just thought that I had seen people ask for Bentley manual pages.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

there's a diy description on this site. Not sure if it's in the tech articles or regular section. search the forum and try google. I followed the instructions from here. Basically you take the y pipe off and move or unhook vacuum hoses and then unbolt the intake manifold. I did not have to disconnect fuel lines and was able to tilt the manifold up to get easy access to pump. An audi tech told me that he pulls it out the back, but it's a blind reach.

Buy new intake gaskets and consider bypassing the pump with a section of hose. My pump has never run in 265k miles.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Verify the location of the aux pump

I have a 2004 a6 with the 2.7T engine and my aux pump is down by the A/CK compressor not under the intake manifold. I just have two hoses with a 90 degree elbow. Call the dealer with your VIN.
Most engines have it under the intake.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My 2001 a6 2.7t aux water pump is under the intake manifold, I will be replacing it next week.
Old 03-30-2022, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Bulldog941
I read a couple of great posts about replacing the auxiliary water pump on the Audi A6, and am grateful that I found them to be so helpful. I am about to start the project myself and wonder if anyone is able to share the relevant Bentley manual pages to help identify various components as I step through this project and remove the intake manifold.
A6T 2.7 aux water pump replacement - can someone PLEASE give a better description of how this is done properly? Do o have to remove the valve covers? Do i need to replace the intake gasket and valve cover gaskets? Can the car run properly if i just bypass/eliminate the aux pump? What else should be replaced? Is there a decent repair manual out there for the 2001 Audi A6T 2.7 twin turbo? If so does anyone have a link they're willing to share with me? The vehicle is not drivable for more then a mile and back. As the coolant begins to drip out at a steady pace once the thermostat opens up. Does not leak until then. Coolant seems to be coming from the passenger rear of motor, but i cant say "for sure" . When i get under the car with it running and thermostat opens, it appears to come right out of my transmission. But i know thats not possible. Cant see the actual point of leak, but it is wet on the underside of intake manifold. So i assume its the aux pump or the hoses going to it..? PLEASE someone help, this id my daily driver and im missing work because of it. Thank you!
Old 03-30-2022, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Engine repair manual for A6 C5 2.7L Bi-turbo

It's good idea to replace the intake manifold gaskets since they are metal.
I tried to attach a 5.5Mb pdf for an engine repair manual for the 2.7L Bi-turbo A6 C5.
Cheers,
Brian

Last edited by Nazman39; 03-30-2022 at 07:00 PM. Reason: No attachment
Old 03-30-2022, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Engine repair manual for A6 C5 2.7L Bi-turbo

Here's the link for many service manual: https://cardiagn.com/
There is a lot of click bait so beware.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SM_13.c.pdf (5.49 MB, 106 views)
Old 03-30-2022, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Here's a parts List for A6 C5

I tried to attach a parts list for A6 C5 hopefully it will work.
Cheers,
Brian
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
A6C5PartsList.pdf (8.37 MB, 111 views)
Old 04-01-2022, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Search the forum for diys. No need to pull valve covers. Intake manifold must be unbolted and tilted up on driver side. Just remove Y pipe and disconnect wires and hoses that may limit ability to raise intake. Get new intake gaskets.

Don't bother replacing pump, Just replace with hose. Hardest part is connecting hose to rear pipe, which is under oil line. Need long angled needle nose pliers to get at hose clamp. Bleed coolant when finished. Whole job takes a couple of hours.

Quick Reply: 2004 Audi A6 2.7T - Aux Water Pump Replacement