A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

All A6 question... Did anybody gut their suspension completely and replace it with oem/Eibachs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All A6 question... Did anybody gut their suspension completely and replace it with oem/Eibachs?

I am talking control arms, ball joint/struts/springs/cv's and wheel bearings?

Interesting to see what another person did before I tackle it. I read the tech articles, but there are only bits and pieces..I would like a response from someone who when the whole 9 yards with an A6 or/ ??? My left wheel has caused a considerable amount of damage, out of round has shot that whole front drivers side setup..
ALSO NOTE: Referral to American Tire Store in Hawaiian Gardens, Long Beach Center off of Carson Street, they are only charging $10 per wheel for the "Hunter Balance" with roadforce adjustments, and the manager was very knowledgeable and accomodating, how rare. It made a world of difference, as the first step in finding the vibration culprit in my machine.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:34 AM

Default My insurance co. just did for my car...

due to a "minor" winter driving experience my car had the whole front end replaced :

all 8 control arms
Tie rod ends ( upgraded to CPP)
Both sides Steering knuckles and wheel bearings
struts front and rear( had Eibach springs prior using stock PSK struts)

It came out great and they said it actually was easier to do the whole things then doing it in seperate stages... I only got charged for a total of 12 hours of labor - but they've doen several of these and had all the right tools.

if your car has mileage it may be worth doing it all while you're in there. ECS Tuning had all the parts at great prices and were awesome to work with.

regards,
Old 06-07-2004, 11:37 AM

Default Re: My insurance co. just did for my car...

Thanks Snow..So the difference could be felt? What was it like? silent opposed to knocky, or what?

HOWDEE!!
Old 06-07-2004, 12:21 PM

Default details:

I was just starting to get a bit of clunk from the arms and a bit of a click on turning but do all that was more preventative then truly needed ( and I got the insurance co to cover the bulk of it). The Bilstein struts over the stock PSK struts with almost 70k did make a huge difference, but are a bit more pronounced on small raod detail at slower speeds, but smooth out nicely at speed....

Unlike some posters my setup with te Eibachs sits nicely down on the nose but does seem to be settling a fair amount... I'm lower then I was initially by about a half inch on both ends... but the ride is still the same.

regards,