A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

April, this should warm your heart

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2001, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default April, this should warm your heart

From LA Times:

Bob Lutz cites Peugeot of France and Alfa Romeo of Italy as auto makers that get design right.

"They radically changed their design philosophy, and they're just going from strength to strength," he said. "Now Alfa has redone its small cars, both the sedans and the hatchbacks, and they're just gorgeous from any angle."

It figures Lutz would admire Alfa - nice design, questionable execution!

And here's an update on Fiat/Alfa in the US from Autoweek.<ul><li><a href="http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=reviews &loc_code=index&content_code=02788167">Autoweek </a></li></ul>
Old 11-15-2001, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just give me the S3 or the 147 GTA and get it over with;-)

That Stilo is a handsome little car. Maybe we can get Seat here ?

Thanks for thinking of me phred.
Old 11-16-2001, 03:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I wouldn't think about Seat anymore...

On Dec. '99 I had an accident in a Toledo V5. At that time, I'd been listening to some weird metallic-like noises in what seemed to be the drivetrain. Went 4 times during that two weeks to the dealer (car had 4 months) and he kept insisting everything was OK. One morning, while driving to the office, I ran into a small pothole in a highway's twist. Next thing I remember is that my left foot felt really really bad, and while the car stopped right away after hitting a wall and a tree, I could just notice that the tire got into the cabin right where the clutch was and my foot had been twisted all the way over. I had surgery and the legal process against Seat lasted for almost a year, after which finally they accepted it was a faulty control arm? (&lt;-- not sure if that's the right translation). I received the payment two moths ago :¬|.

<a href="http://www.saidmacias.com/Seat.ppt">Powerpoint Doc w/pics</a>