A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

C6's arriving at dealerships. Also, MB service.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6's arriving at dealerships. Also, MB service.

Saw a C6 being test driven yesterday in suburban NYC (Classic Audi/Westchester). Will do a test drive myself this weekend if time permits.

Also, a friend of mine is looking at a C320 4-Matic. As you know, MB has done away with free maintenance starting with the '05 model year. The maintenance schedule for the C Class is at 13k mile intervals (!). Since she's leasing the car for 3 years, she was only interested in the first 3 services. Basically, all 3 services include oil and filter change, "check" this and that, a brake fluid change (at interval #2 only), tire rotation and a cabin air filter change (interval #3 only). Are you ready for this? $837! If she wants brakes included, it's $1037!

Go back and do the math. Unbelieveable. If Audi is smart, they'll leverage this in their advertising. Too bad my friend has such a bad taste in her mouth from her A4 being a POS. Left her stranded 3 times, engine replaced, perpetual hesitation, and less than stellar service from the dealership.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:51 AM

Default MB warranty service is AMAZING

They care about your satisfaction and fix all your complains - they replaced worn interior parts for free. My MB Service advisor know me and can look up "Kirill's car" in the computer with out asking me for VIN. I never had a problem getting a loaner. When i asked for key hole covers - i got them for free. MB service department is simply outstanding.

So far my AUDI experience was completely opposite, but i still hoping for the better.

With dealer network like this no way A8 can compete with high end Mercedes.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:55 AM

Sounds like the service at that PARTICULAR MB dealership is amazing.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:57 AM

May be, but for me as a consumer - that represents MB as whole
Old 10-06-2004, 07:04 AM

Default You said a mouth full. This explains why people actually love their Saturns.

Crap car, but great dealerships. It's unfortunate for the manufacturers that so much of their product experience is in the hands of a 3rd party. I hope I live to see the day when vehicles are sold directly to consumers from the mfr. Ever visit a "factory-owned" dealership (e.g. Westchester BMW for you locals)? Talk about the red carpet treatment!
Old 10-06-2004, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Well, thats why I DIDN'T buy an MB.

Well, I didn't buy an S4 cabrio either, kept the A6 4.2 and bought an 03 M3 cabrio CPO. Maintenance to 100K (includes brakes, clutches, and even windshield wipers) and warranteed to 100K.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default There's no reason why a manufacturer cannot get independent dealers to offer this service.

I guess the profit motive may drive a dealer to cheap-out on amenities and generosity, but if the maker polices the dealerships and keeps them in line, it should not happen.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:25 AM

Default Actually when we had the E320

We had pretty good service from the Benz dealer. Better than the Audi dealer for the most part.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: MB warranty service is AMAZING

From your post... "With dealer network like this no way A8 can compete with high end Mercedes"

Interesting... I traded in a MB on my A8L (okay, so it was an e-class) I received good service from MB - don't know if I'd ever say it was an amazing experience. You pointed out in your post that they replaced worn interior parts for free - unfortunately, on my MB, they were doing this way too often.

Don't get me wrong, I really did like my MB - it served me well for 4 years. However, the A8L has definitely spoiled me And my dealer has treated me well - nice loaner cars - well... with the exception of the Caddy!
Old 10-06-2004, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default True, but the service dept usually carries the rest of the dealership at an Audi store.

Most dealers count themselves lucky to break even in the sales dept. If that can be changed, then I think more money can be spent elsewhere.

Quick Reply: C6's arriving at dealerships. Also, MB service.