A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Diode for the O2 sensors DOES NOT WORK

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
You mean you can only cheat the emissions testing procedure which is really only a check on the OBDII codes.

This is the kind of stuff that might lead back to dynamometer/tailpipe testing in high-pollutant areas (and MD might just lead the way although they scrapped their dynos awhile ago) if the current OBDII plug-ins are found to be inaccurate.
seriously agreed, badinstinct your a dick, and it because of jerks like you that we have insane testing procedures in the first place. dont know where you live, but growing up with emmission check in california was a NIGHTMARE! its so nice just to plug in the OBDII and pass, not have to rev up on the machine and pass the sniffer!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Got to back you here, because....

Originally Posted by 2.7Lturbo
seriously agreed, badinstinct your a dick, and it because of jerks like you that we have insane testing procedures in the first place. dont know where you live, but growing up with emmission check in california was a NIGHTMARE! its so nice just to plug in the OBDII and pass, not have to rev up on the machine and pass the sniffer!
This is the same member who thinks that eliminating his SAI system will make his engine last longer? Then I'm told on that same thread that he does not have cats, OK. Clearly he is mistaking SAI with EGR in respect to engine longevity with out opening a can of worms further on the "combustion heat-up process" prior to the cat systems we have Pre/Post.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jcman
This is the same member who thinks that eliminating his SAI system will make his engine last longer? Then I'm told on that same thread that he does not have cats, OK. Clearly he is mistaking SAI with EGR in respect to engine longevity with out opening a can of worms further on the "combustion heat-up process" prior to the cat systems we have Pre/Post.
No, I removed the precats to make my turbos/engine last longer! I'm mistaking SAI with EGR, are you on drugs? The EGR is part of the SAI system. Once the air injection pump is removed, the combi valves are USELESS! Also when you dont have precats, the entire SAI system is useless because there is nothing to heat up faster!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

edited to keep the peace

Last edited by 2.7Lturbo; 03-18-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by badinstincts
No, I removed the precats to make my turbos/engine last longer!
Yes you are correct, the engineers and PhDs that built this car all got together and said:

"this emission stuff is gay, lets put something in there that will break the turbos/engines quicker that way we can screw people over"

If you are not going to listen to the knowledge of the people on this forum, then dont post asking questions. if you know more then other people on here with far more experience why even bother asking? that is unless you are either A: full of it, or B: need the validation of strangers online.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

The SAI doesn't heat anything up, it's there to protect the cats from the ultra rich cold start cycle.

Having said that, please dial back the name calling and abusive language.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

I didn't post a question. This thread was started to prevent people from wasting time and money on trying the diodes to eliminate o2 codes. If you dont like it I'll rename the thread!
Old 03-18-2012, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Kris, I have a feeling it does heat up the precats. If you add o2 to already 400+ degree exhaust gases, the o2 will heat up those precats faster.... I mostly read that the SAI system is meant to heat up your cats faster, so I dunno, misleading info everywhere, especially from the 2.7 mexicants.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

sometimes engineers and PhD's aren't smarter than a 5th grader! having a degree, phd, masters, doctorate means nothing. I've seen doctors that are really stupid and I've seen mechanics who didn't finish high school that were very smart.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

ughh, i need to unsub this thread, BYE!

Quick Reply: Diode for the O2 sensors DOES NOT WORK