A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Eibach pro-kit spring install. Rear didn't get any lower?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach pro-kit spring install. Rear didn't get any lower?

I recently installed the Eibach pro-kit springs in my 2002 4.2 with sport suspension. I was very pleased with the drop in front. It appears to have dropped by about 1.5 inches in the front. The back didn't seem to drop at all. Maybe a half inch at most. Sorry no pictures, yet, but it definitely looks funny. Has anyone ever had this experience with the Eibachs? I've had them on two other cars and this is the first time I've seen this. I'm seriously considering cutting a little off the rear coils. I know that is considered ghetto, but it needs to come down about 3/4 of an inch. Suggestions?
Old 02-11-2010, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How recent is "recent?" Sometimes springs need a week or two with some driving before they settle in and give you the full drop they are capable of. My suggestion before cutting down the rears would be to give them time to settle.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Did you install the seats and (caps?) properly? Are they adjustable for perch?

G
Old 02-11-2010, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe they just need to settle in a bit. Give it a week or so. At least you did not get the reverse rake that I ended up with when I did the H&R Bilstein combo...looked like I was carrying the dead hooker in the trunk!

Pics!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Boston Driver
Maybe they just need to settle in a bit. Give it a week or so. At least you did not get the reverse rake that I ended up with when I did the H&R Bilstein combo...looked like I was carrying the dead hooker in the trunk!

Pics!!!
thats funny. but others are right LET THEM SETTLE! also double check they were installed properlly, i have see the eibachs on several A6s and the rear does drop a nice amount to look good with the front. i reccommend putting a couple heave friends in the back seats nd going for a drive
Old 02-11-2010, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Pictures

Thanks for all the replies. I definitely will let it settle in a little before doing any cutting. This is the first time I've installed the Eibachs on a quattro car. Definitely more challenging in the rear, but I was curious about what I could have done that would have been incorrect on the install that would have kept the rear end raised up a little. Is there some detail I am unaware of? Thanks

Old 02-12-2010, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Are the spring perches on your shocks adjustable. I installed the prokit springs on mine with koni FSD shock. The back was a little high like yours I had to take them out again and use the perch that is for the sport susension. All is well now, not like in my pic
Old 02-12-2010, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Everything is stock. Stock shocks and perches.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

i believe they can go in upside down... that coudl do it
Old 02-12-2010, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Just Me
i believe they can go in upside down... that coudl do it
No, they can't. The springs in the rear look normal at the top, but are wound much tighter at the bottom. They fit only one way inside their rubber stops. It would be obvious if they were in upside down. Still, I can't help but feel I must have done something wrong.

Quick Reply: Eibach pro-kit spring install. Rear didn't get any lower?