A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

error code 17536 P1128

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take that back !! still have problem

Hello,

Just had an audi mechanic around to have a look at the car. He put the car on VAG com and the lambda sensor was showing running too lean. when car held at 2k revs it was showing missfire on all cylinders.

new maf sensor fitted

all hoses checked and cleared of leaks.

not sure if this is relevent or not but i was parked with the car on a slope facing upwards and on idle car kept stalling i then managed to turn around and face down and car would idle without stalling.

could spark plugs cause this problem as dont know when they were last changed ? could it be fuel pump ? fuel filter ?

any suggestion much appreciated.

thanks
neil
Old 10-06-2018, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Caskets replacement

The dealer advised to replace the casket as they claimed that air might be leaking from it. I did replaced them knowing that nothing is gonna change. After resting the errors the car went normal for less than one day and now I've lost the power again and still unable to hear the turbo whistling when I push on the Throttle. No one from the service centers I have visited advised me to check MAF sensor or Manifold sensor. I'm really desperate to solve this problem.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Caskets replacement

The dealer advised to replace the casket as they claimed that air might be leaking from it. I did replace them knowing that nothing is gonna change. After resting the errors the car went normal for less than one day and now I've lost the power again and still unable to hear the turbo whistling when I push on the Throttle. No one from the service centers I have visited advised me to check MAF sensor or Manifold sensor. I'm really desperate to solve this problem.
Old 11-25-2018, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Possible fixes

Do you have oil on your plugs? If so you may need to change your valve cover gaskets, i just did those on mine. I'm also having some of the same issues, leaner fuel, my #4 intake coil is bad so I'm going to replace all of them.
Old 12-15-2018, 04:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Sbell17
Do you have oil on your plugs? If so you may need to change your valve cover gaskets, i just did those on mine. I'm also having some of the same issues, leaner fuel, my #4 intake coil is bad so I'm going to replace all of them.
Hello there,

Yes the mechanic told me that he found oil on the sparks, already replaced the valve casket, and yet the problem isn't solved, what happens with me is that the turbo air vacuuming sound get lower slightly until it dies completely.and by the way when I disconnect the Battery for a few minutes the car gets back to normal but it shakes for a around 20 seconds after starting the engine and after a few seconds the cat gets 100% normal, and after driving it for a few mile it dies again slightly.
I have also replaced two MAF sensors, Checked all vacuum hoses, and I don't know what else can I do.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 172 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahmad Marei
Hello there,

Yes the mechanic told me that he found oil on the sparks, already replaced the valve casket, and yet the problem isn't solved, what happens with me is that the turbo air vacuuming sound get lower slightly until it dies completely.and by the way when I disconnect the Battery for a few minutes the car gets back to normal but it shakes for a around 20 seconds after starting the engine and after a few seconds the cat gets 100% normal, and after driving it for a few mile it dies again slightly.
I have also replaced two MAF sensors, Checked all vacuum hoses, and I don't know what else can I do.
What year and model is this Audi. This is the forum for C5 A6, built between 1997 and 2004.

Old 12-15-2018, 11:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mine is 04' A4 1.8T and I posted here because I found someone who posted for the same car and on the other hand I have the same code 17536.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 172 Likes on 162 Posts

Mine is 04' A4 1.8T and I posted here because I found someone who posted for the same car and on the other hand I have the same code 17536.
17536/P1128/004392 - Ross-Tech Wiki
Old 12-15-2018, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello there,

These are what i found for code P1128 for audi

Possible causes

• Faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor
  • Low fuel pressure
  • Vacuum leak on engine
  • Faulty HO2S bank 1
Old 12-15-2018, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello there,

Originally Posted by Sbell17
These are what i found for code P1128 for audi

Possible causes

• Faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor
  • Low fuel pressure
  • Vacuum leak on engine
  • Faulty HO2S bank 1
it is probably your ignition coils and spark plugs. If you had oil on your plugs they need to be replaced.

Quick Reply: error code 17536 P1128