A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

FlexFuel E85 Ethanol Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jcman
. . .My self I have looked into hdroxy generators kits . . .
Now THERE is some serious snake oil!
Old 05-15-2015, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Oil regeneration is a "non-proven" (most probably myth) pushed by the "we will never run out" crowd.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by N_Jay
Now THERE is some serious snake oil!
Yep to a degree, sorry I meant Hydroxy gas or browns gas.

On board compressed tanks is the only way to go, not cost effective at all and very dangerous to produce and handle, if I'm correct the former Roswell military guy named Bob something does this with an 80's Corvette even has a utube clip about it, very interesting.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jcman
Yep to a degree, sorry I meant Hydroxy gas or browns gas.
That is what I meant (Whether produced on-board or stored, any supposed energy savings are pure snake oil.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

That is what I meant (Whether produced on-board or stored, any supposed energy savings are pure snake oil.
Yes it is.

Bob Lazar is the man with the Vette, check this out
Old 05-15-2015, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Now you can go back to high school chemistry and learn that it takes (in theory) just as much energy to split the water to get the hydrogen as you get back, and (in practice, a lot more energy, when you address conversion and storage efficiencies).

"S-N-A-K-E- -O-I-L"
Old 05-15-2015, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Now you can go back to high school chemistry and learn that it takes (in theory) just as much energy to split the water to get the hydrogen as you get back, and (in practice, a lot more energy, when you address conversion and storage efficiencies).

"S-N-A-K-E- -O-I-L"
I suppose that GM didn't think that the hydrogen proto-type test car that I saw at the Lordstown Ohio plant and the few who got to drive it thought it was running on Snake-Oil, it was real.....It's the internet kit scammers that made it Snake-Oil (in theory)

Many companies such as Carrier are already using hydroxy torches that are self contained systems without the means of oxygen and acetylene gas to braze refrigeration coils at a manufacturing level, these systems require pure water and an acid with a very small electrical current to produce enough torch gas, I've considered a system for my refrigeration service business but I just can't get past the $2,500 cost.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Here's the GM factory test car (Beck is a real card)
Old 05-15-2015, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

There is no problem building a hydrogen run car (especially if the government gives you a subsidy or grant to do so).
The issues is producing hydrogen in a manner that is (AT ALL) energy efficient compared to conventional fuels.

The SNAKE OIL is saying you can produce it through electrolysis at anywhere near practical costs.

Send me a link to one of these so called "Hydroxy Torches".

Edit, found some:
Power efficiency is not the goal.
It is used because the gasses are very pure and hence allow better welds.

Last edited by N_Jay; 05-15-2015 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

There is no problem building a hydrogen run car (especially if the government gives you a subsidy or grant to do so).
The issues is producing hydrogen in a manner that is (AT ALL) energy efficient compared to conventional fuels.

The SNAKE OIL is saying you can produce it through electrolysis at anywhere near practical costs.

Send me a link to one of these so called "Hydroxy Torches".

Edit, found some:
Power efficiency is not the goal.
It is used because the gasses are very pure and hence allow better welds.
Just to re-kindle the subject for welding power efficiency is the goal because of the small amount used vs. for an internal combustion engine that requires way more BTU of fuel content, it's the lack of purging nitrogen through the cooper or allum to eliminate oxidation flakes plus the cost of oxygen and acetylene and higher silver percent phos-braze, hydroxy welds are no different or better than mine just cheaper on a larger scale even with low silver braze, another main reason is that most all AC and refrigeration coils are going to aluminum u-channel designs even the headers which need a lower temp "clean" flame to use cheap aluminum solder....nothing is pure cooper or aluminum these days in equipment, built-in cheap obsolescence I suppose.

Last edited by jcman; 05-20-2015 at 04:26 PM.

Quick Reply: FlexFuel E85 Ethanol Conversion Kit