A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Follow-up responses to commuter-car thread...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Follow-up responses to commuter-car thread...

April: good point regarding the appliance aspect...but this would not limit my future purchases of more interesting vehicles...

LMGotts: exactly regarding the Civic...perfectly comfortable commuter car...and that there will be additional fun cars to drive at better traffic times...

Muhammad: "hybrid" gets one nowhere...must have an AFV license plate...that is natural gas, electric, solar, hydrogen, or propane...no hybrids allowed...need to get the plate

frankie@work: unfortunately the Prius is a hybrid...does not qualify...if a hybrid qualified I'd wait and get the Highlander or RX400 hybrid

Potomac2.7T: true, but it is the frustration of the congestion whilst a discriminatory HOV exists...that all of 'us' paid for

no.dot: yes, but usually they are pulling over single occupancy cars cruising the HOV lanes...

audiSean: no motorcycles, no scooters...not on these crazy freaking highways where I see a significant accident at least every 3 days...plus the summer heat would be brutal on a motorcycle...plus, my two little punks are too important to me to risk it with my marginal motorcycle driving skill

Regarding the kids: thanks for all the kind words, they truly are the greatest experience of my life...and worth any sacrifice

Potomac 2.7T: true, the Caddy SRX looks good...and it wouldn't be entirely ruled out...it is just that the LR3 promises to be virtually everything I want in an SUV, the SRX is close but the rear seat is not useable by adults and I don't think the seat folding situation is as versatile...plus, the LR3 is a true off-roader not a dirt road driver...but the Caddy is really quite nice and sells like crazy here in Phoenix/Scottsdale...
Old 05-14-2004, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Great points. For at least a year, the twins will be in the second row, so third row need to be big.

We had a minivan (Toyota Sienna) for the first 3 years after my twins were born. For safety and ease of loading, the babes go in the middle row. So if you have more than two adults, someone goes to the "wayback."

Now that the kids are self-propelled and self-buckling, we're in an MDX.

You need to see, logistically, if you can have two toddler seats in place, and still get someone into the third row.