A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

it happens to all of us...xpost from E46 message board

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2001, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default it happens to all of us...xpost from E46 message board

With ~1600 miles on my baby, I went to gently shift from 1st to 2nd and the car made a loud boom. The noise sounds as if it is emanating from directly behind the center console and sounds like grinding metal...I suspect the transmission is the culprit...My car was one of those that made the rattling noise when engaging the clutch at low speeds. The funny thing is that a BMW customer service representative called me last night to ask how my first service went. Well, I informed the woman that the clutch was making strange noises and she said she would have someone get back to me. Well, if I were you guys (if you have a sticky shifter from 1st to second or if you have one of those rattling clutches) I would document your problems with your local dealer ASAP!!! God knows if BMW is going to blame me for the car or if they are going to take responsibility and fix it. This is definitely not what I was expecting!!! I have three rattles, a blown tranny (I think), and a crack in my front tire (Continentals by the way). To make things worse, the dealer doesnt have any loaners available tom. and told me that they would provide me with a loaner if I could get a ride down there tom. I am very pissed off to say the least....I hope your cars last a bit longer than mine....I'll let you guys know how I make out and what the diagnosis is. By the way, does anyone know what the lemon law in New Jersey is? Would this car fall under it? Take care...

gotta love these cars...
Old 05-03-2001, 10:45 AM

Default Oh boy, this is nothing

Get ahold of any issue of Roundel to read horror story letters that will make your teeth curl.

It's almost like BMW is owned by Hyundai sometimes! Between design, build, and sales/service issues, it's a wonder they have any buyers left.
Old 05-03-2001, 10:56 AM

Second that...I couldn't believe all of the p.o.'d BMW owners complaining in Roundel