A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Has anyone tried the xenon fog lights for the A6?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2001, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone tried the xenon fog lights for the A6?

BTW, I mean the REAL thing, the fog lights kit that includes the transformers, ballast, etc.
Old 09-20-2001, 11:44 PM
S1

Default what is the point of xenon fog? does it cut thru the fog or create more glare?

i think yellow color cuts thru fog better than white. i think with the HID (super white color)you will end up getting more glare.
Old 09-21-2001, 02:10 AM

Default Where I live, most idiots have them on all the time.

They are "blind the other drivers" lights, not fog lights.

- Tom
Old 09-21-2001, 04:24 AM

Default That's I was searching for, I wanted to know the benefit they could provide...

Just don't understand what good will they do in a foggy/rainy situation...
Old 09-21-2001, 04:53 AM

Default Anyone with actual driving experiences of xenons in heavy fog?

How'd they do the work? Do they create just shine and glare?.
Old 09-21-2001, 05:04 AM

Default Drove in heavy fog on my way down to Port O'Connor.

Very bright, didn't really cut through the fog, but I have yet to see anything that really cuts through the fog effectively. The city lights(fogs) didn't really make a difference either.
Old 09-21-2001, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Do you have xenon headlights?

I've driven in heavy fog with xenon headlights and the fog lamps are totally unneccessary. When I turned the fog lamps on, I had to do it a couple of times before I could discern any difference. And then they only added light a few feet in front of the car. Literally. I had to get out of the car to see that they only added light for about 5 - 6 feet in front of the car. I couldn't see it from the driver's seat.

Xenon fogs would only be an expensive addition. If you want them for the look then that's a different story.
Old 09-21-2001, 07:44 AM
Elder Member

Default no glare, they work great

I have used them in heavy fog on trips to Tahoe and back. They don't create any more glare than halogens. They also make the foglights nearly useless because they are so powerful.
Old 09-21-2001, 10:50 AM

Default My car will include xenon high & low beams, ...when it arrives (1st wk Dic.) :¬(

I just wanted to know if the addition of the xenon fog lights was a mod worth doing. My MB (xenon lows) NEEDS to have the fog lights turned on all the time because it allows me to see the BIG potholes right in front of the car and try to avoid them. Of course, where I live, if you are not driving very aware of them, you may end with a couple tires and wheels damaged with just a trip to the corner.
Old 09-21-2001, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Same as Steve, used them going up to Tahoe. In the fog, the fog lights are useless... unless

you're driving on roads which have been salted/snowed on. While driving in Tahoe, it was hard to see the lane dividers and reflectors. So I was thinking brighter fogs would help illuminate the 3-5 ft right in front of the car so as to tell where the lane markers are, since the reflectors are too covered up to reflect the light.

Xenon Hi and Low... now that should be a rolling "lighthouse".

Cheers-
Ernesto

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried the xenon fog lights for the A6?