A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Headlight aiming - had my mechanic look at level of

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight aiming - had my mechanic look at level of

my headlights and turns out the driver side adjustment is stripped - probably by the dealer, as they have been the only one to work on it. Headlight adjusts up, but not down. Passenger side adjusts fine. To make mattes worse, looks like the tech who worked on it last also tore up all the plastic surrounding both headlights w/ his screw driver trying to prigh it off. My f$&*$% dealer is going to drive me away from the Audi brand - right into the arms of a competitor. I may talk to the service manager, but don't expect much, as I'm now out of warranty.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

That sucks, hopefully they will take some ownership, especially if only they worked on it.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:31 PM

Default They should pay an audi employee to read our posts all day to help understand their consumers...

it seems like Audi has a HUGE problem with customer service.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1) try work things up with the dealer they mess up they need to fix it

2) if they cause more trouble call Audi of America and report how you was threat by dealer and find indipendent mechanic ;o) (does't really matter if you have a new or old audi ,warranty or not AoA always talk to me with respect same as me)I always send email first and they contact me next day . Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:40 AM

Default R U Sure it was the dealer that did it? How do you know?

You were the one a few days ago who said the dealer said your lights were level, and that all those idiots flashing you were "clueless" so you showed them by blinding them with your brights.

Turns out the person that was clueless was not those drivers was it? If the dealer checked the level prior, why didn't they see all the problems and obvious mishandling of the lights? The dealers know how to adjust them with zero damage. It is immenslly easy. A dealer would not do the damage you say someone did.

Not to be a smart alek, but it seems you are blaming others for a lot of stuff. Sounds like your lights have had problems before. How do you know the dealer was the only one to adjust? Did you have it since new? Did anyone else try to adjust? Are they modded? Honestly, did you try to adjust?

Saying an Audi dealer did so much damage to a part that is so basic and so routine to fix, is really incredibly hard to swallow that they did it. It just smells fishy.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:04 PM

Default When we checked the lights

my mechanic, who is Porsche certified and trains Porsche dealers on all the new models, said they were "a bit" high, but not enought to bother people. My local Audi dealer is the only person to ever work on the car, save an oil change.
Your right, they are very easy to adjust, but my bet is, as well as my mechanics,is the adjustment mechanism was stripped when they took the lights apart to either replace a fog light bulb or replace my timing belt (only major work done). Judging by the way they tore up the plastic around the lights, not a bad bet.
Finally, never had a problem before, in fact, at an earlier service the dealer volunteered they aimed the lights with their latest equipment and were "good to go". Nothing fishy here 2002, unless your in bed w/ AofA.