A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Hey guys, I need some forum support here.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys, I need some forum support here.

I am now running on 3 months of being sans employment. I own a website called Golfinity.com, but it has been something I have worked on in my spare time while employed. Currently I have been focusing on it day in and day out to try to make a go of things, get our traffic up, and maybe make a little money from advertisements and corporate sponsorships, but no revenues yet to date.

It is a pretty decent site with some great handicap tracking and analysis tools and some fun entertaining tidbits. I'd appreciate it if you guys could send some traffic my way, perhaps sign up as members (its free anyway), and tell your golf buddies about it too. You and your buddies can share stat reports, view comparison golf graphs and trends, and leave each other trash talk with our Trash Talker, among many other things like our searchable Course Guide, our wireless application for entering scores directly from the golf course, etc., etc.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate it as I am at wits end with trying to find a job in the tech sector and I am trying to do whatever I can to turn a buck and pay some bills. Thanks guys.

- Kgnast.
Old 04-05-2003, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You do nice work... what's your specialty?
Old 04-05-2003, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I built the whole entire thing...

the db, the wireless app, all the functions, all the asp serverside, all the design (not that the design on this is anything to really write home about although the newsletter is nice.)

I have a flash guy as one partner, hasn't really done as much as he's supposed to, my other partner is doing his phd so he hasn't done anything either, but he worked with me on the original database design before he embarked on his phd. The system is about 180 degrees database wise from where it began. I am a one man show over here as the other two have pretty much dropped out for the time being.

Why, need some work???
Old 04-05-2003, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I asked because it seems like in NYC you should be able to find a job...

...or are you waiting for the right job, salary, place, time, etc?

If you need any more potential employers...<ul><li><a href="http://us.firmlist.com/newyork/newyork.phtml">The Firm List: NYC</a></li></ul>
Old 04-05-2003, 05:45 PM
jc
AudiWorld Super User

Default Have you tried contracting? Will give you the freedom to work on your stuff when you want

Plus you can make good money if you have the skills, which it looks like you do.
Old 04-05-2003, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Working on the contracting, but its spotty if there at all.

I was working for the NBA from August to Mid January. Lucrative to say the least while it lasted. But like the saying goes, "All good things must come to an end.

I was solely responsible for the end to end development of http://wap.nba.com - hit the url with a web-enabled phone. It was sponsored by Verizon for a kewl 1/4 mil. They are putting it on all their phones - Verizon/Sports/Basketball will take the user to my wireless basketball stats application. Just FYI, I certainly didn't make the 1/4 mil. But it was still pretty nice.
Old 04-05-2003, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Thanks Muhammad. Problem is that there is a plethora of unemployed...

from the dotbomb fallout, and it seems much to me luck of the draw. I have 7 years experience. Resultant effect is that I get turned down for even jobs with much less requirements for fear that I'll better deal the employer the moment one comes along.

I am getting admitted to practice law in NYS sometime before the end of this month, so I'll be able to start doing real estate closings and other legal work. But that's not going to come over night.

Golf season is upon us, I thought I'd share my site with you guys, and maybe get some new members. Every little bit helps.

Thnx.
Old 04-05-2003, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Splash page? I was thinking of getting rid of it. Relatively pointless.

It's been there for the past year and has gained inertia. Your paraphase works well. Care to do some freelance writing for me, keyword being FREElance? J/K. I appreciate your suggestions and I will implement them accordingly.
Old 04-06-2003, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sweet dude, you just got some new visitors : )

What do you do in the tech sector? I work for Marconi plc. We aren't exactly doing super, but I think we just started hiring again. I'd be happy to submit a resume or whatever if you see a job that might be a match. Check it out and send me an email or whatever.<ul><li><a href="http://www.marconi.com/html/careers/">Careers @ Marconi</a></li></ul>
Old 04-06-2003, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

thanx ST, I'l take a look at that link.

Quick Reply: Hey guys, I need some forum support here.