A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Info on loyalty coupons needed.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Info on loyalty coupons needed.

Here's the deal. I drive a 99.5 A4. We did our deal on my wife's A6 at the end of September. Nobody said sh*t about the loyalty program. The next week I'm on the Audi website & read about it. I call the financial guy at the dealer and ask can we get the $600. He says "that was already considered in your deal". Bullsh*t! We heard nada during the whole transaction. You'd think they'd want to play that up.

Is this a AoA program or do dealers contribute to the incentive? We've been told to take it up with the sales manager at the dealership. I'd like to know what, if anything, he's got to lose by giving it to us.

Any advice appreciated.
Old 11-01-2002, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Dealership has nothing to do with it other than

to submit the paperwork. They should deduct the amount from the deal at the time the deal is written up and signed. AoA then reimburses them.

Did the sales manager know you have another Audi ? If they didn't, then there would have been no reason to mention it. Funny, the F&I guy should have covered it with you if included in the deal.
Old 11-01-2002, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dealer has nothing to lose, it's an AoA program...

you provide a qualifying vehicle and they rebate the dealer. You can also get a refund check directly from Audi if the deal has already gone through.
Old 11-01-2002, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it possible the F&I guy submited the paperwork and then the dealership pocketed the money?
Old 11-01-2002, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The salesmanager at my dealership said AoA is cracking down on abuse.
Old 11-01-2002, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

No, it's set up so that can't happen. Customer needs to sign off (at least when I sold them).
Old 11-01-2002, 01:16 PM

Default Oh April, there you go assuming again

F&I people are evil, evil I say!
Old 11-01-2002, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default They sure are ! ;-)

They seem to fall into one of two camps. Arrow straight, or slimiest of slime. The ones that are really good at being bad, make David Copperfeild look like a hack when it comes to sleight of hand. Look out for the young really chipper types.
Old 11-01-2002, 01:52 PM

Default Re: They sure are ! ;-)

As a F&I guy I wish I could vehemently dipute your allegations however your right on. The finance guy wouldn't generally profit from holding the rebate but the sales team would I would skip the sales manager and talk to the owner preferably or the general manager/dealer principal they are usally more big picture oriented ie cust. satisfaction over short term profit
Old 11-01-2002, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default F&I people have it hard.

Everyone else has a had a crack at making money off the customer and ticking them off, and now it is their turn. The customer is nervous, and management may dictate that the F&I dept try to sell something as well. Not only that, but they have to do some fancy footwork at times to keep customers from "blowing out of finance". Even once the deal is done, people can come back and be really ugly in the F&I office. Folks with horrible credit who soon run into difficulties after the sale, are the worst. Collecting down payments made in installments is not fun either - once the customer has they car, they often get careless.

Quick Reply: Info on loyalty coupons needed.