A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Instrument cluster repair...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Instrument cluster repair...

I've heard there are outfits who repair car electronics (had my ECU repaired a couple years ago in Massachusetts). I am going to track down the outfit that did the work and find out if they can fix an instrument cluster. I'll post my findings.....

The repair on the ECU was cheap and they stand behind it for 2 years if I recall.

Anyone have any sources for a repair shop?

Mike
Old 03-13-2018, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I used Module Masters. They are located in Moscow, Idaho. Check their website for specifics but they did me right. It only takes about ten minutes to remove the cluster. I shipped mine off and had the repaired unit back and installed ten days later. Without the cluster the car won't run so park it where it isn't in the way for a few days. Turn-around time varies according to their work load. I had my center display replaced. As I recall they warranty the parts for five years and lifetime on labor. Or maybe I have that backwards. Either way though to beat the warranty. They also are set up to bench test for total functionality. You can also call if you have questions and they are very eager to help. Instructions for removal are published on their website.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:32 PM
Tech Guru

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts

Mike, you're thinking of BBA Reman.

I use them since I'm in CT. The only reason I don't use Module Master is that the shipping time is longer.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks for the input, got the name Modulemasters.com from the folks at RS6.com also. I will contact them as well as BBA Reman.

My mechanic had me check out CircuitBoardMedics.com but they wrote back saying they don't work on that part!

BBA Reman fixed my ECU and the turn around was 4 days if I recall, very fast.

Mike
Old 03-13-2018, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

ModuleMasters price is $150 with a great warrantee! I sent an email and will wait until I hear back from them before pulling and neutering the car.....

Mike
Old 03-14-2018, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

They replaced my center display and the result was crisp and clear as a new car. As I recall their price includes return shipping. You have to pay to get it there. Need it quicker then pay a little more for expedited shipping. They called and emailed me when the repair was complete. Mine was a '04 A6 Q. I sold the car this past fall but the repair was about 18 months old when I got rid of the car. It never faltered. Sounds like you have already made up your mind so I'll quit selling the product. By the way, I have no affiliation with them except as a satisfied customer.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Update:
ModuleMasters wrote back, no can do...
Circuit Medics, no can do....

Getting a second hand unit.

Mike
Old 03-16-2018, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 172 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Aronis
Update:
ModuleMasters wrote back, no can do...
Circuit Medics, no can do....

Getting a second hand unit.

Mike
Of course, you do realize that you will have to take your car to an Audi dealer to have the cluster enabled to talk to the various control units. Your immobilizer system will not allow your car to be driven without this being done, so you will probably end up having them install the cluster, too.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by georgeb944
Of course, you do realize that you will have to take your car to an Audi dealer to have the cluster enabled to talk to the various control units. Your immobilizer system will not allow your car to be driven without this being done, so you will probably end up having them install the cluster, too.
Yes, I know, I have that covered. LOL.

DIY in my Mechanics garage. He'll do the programming for me.

Mike
Old 03-16-2018, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might have missed it but what is wrong with your Cluster?

You can try contacting Ian at: https://squareup.com/store/reflecttuning

Quick Reply: Instrument cluster repair...