A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

its official, just made res using priceline.com ALMS Sept 6 & 7 Laguna Seca, anyone going??

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 07:59 PM
Craggy Old Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default its official, just made res using priceline.com ALMS Sept 6 & 7 Laguna Seca, anyone going??

Priceline chose the Hyatt Regency - Monterey. So the daughter(aka - pit crew)and myself will be heading up to see the races.
Will be leaving So Cal Friday night ~6-7pm.
If anyone wants to arrange to drive up at that time let me know, just be warned I go kinda slow, then all of a sudden the car goes fast for a second or two, then it slows down again. : )But since my daughter will be in attendance it will be slow for me all the way.
Rates are kinda high that weekend.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:02 PM
Craggy Old Man

Ewww, I guess the Hyatt regency aint all that nice !! : (( oh well.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Careful Ming... my better half is a 20 year Hyatt person.....

Sales director. Great company, treat us well. Just got back from vacation- Hyatt Chesapeake (new resort on the Chesapeake Bay) and Park Hyatt DC. And free is good too.

Hyatt Monterey is a nice place but there are other properties that have a better location. Highlands Inn (Park Hyatt) Carmel is beautiful.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:00 AM
Craggy Old Man

Default Re: Careful Ming... my better half is a 20 year Hyatt person.....

LOL,, just saw all that on internet reviews.
Used Priceline to get a good rate, and it came back with the Hyatt. I have no say in which hotel is picked. Just wanted something that was close to Laguna Seca. Wont be spending much time at the hotel, since going to the race both days. Daughter will use the pool at night, was hoping the massgage place would be open at night, but that probably will not be open.
Have you stayed there before? ANy restaurant suggestions? Last time my daughter and I were there we went to the old wharf and had dinner, was very good. DOes the Hyatt have a good one?
Any insight would greatly be appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-19-2003, 01:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I haven't been there since my honeymoon.....

but I can ask my wife for some references. I remember the wharf being a good place. If you want a great dinner, the restaurant at the Highlands Inn is nice- Water's Edge IIRC.

Another fun thing to do is to rent a kayak in front of the hotels and paddle out toward the kelp beds to watch the seals and otters. When we were out there, we had a baby seal that followed us around for close to half an hour. Got some fantastic pictures.

I'm sure there are more than a few west coast folks who are there more frequently who can offer better advice than I can.

And I would love to get out there to drive Laguna Seca. My goal has been to drive 7 tracks that are memorable to me-
1-Watkins Glen,
2-Road Atlanta,
3-Mid Ohio,
4-Elkhart Lake,
5-Bridgehampton,
6-Laguna Seca and
7-Sears Point.
I've driven the first 5, now need to get to the final two before I'm too old to enjoy.