A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Non-soccer Dad S6 update on misc stuff. Things just keep getting better.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2002, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non-soccer Dad S6 update on misc stuff. Things just keep getting better.

I changed the summer Contis for Pirelli 210 235/45R17 on Mille Miglia wheels. Running 40lbs all around. (wrt wheel choice, I just wanted something open that wouldn't accumulate snow. Now that I've got them installed I like their looks!) Picture once I can get one in daylight.

Put it on the lift and looked underneath. Very robust sway bars, esp. the front. I noticed that the dual exhausts are tied together, I presume so they don't rattle and don't transmit unwanted rumble into the passenger compartment. Cooling ducts in the underbody shields and the shield themselves were very firmly atttached. Well thought out and somewhat a shame that it's hidden.

My car goes in Wednesday for the intermittant ESP and ABS lite. I trust that nobody else has seen this.

So how does it run, now that there's snow on the ground? In the two inches accumulated over packed wet snow and ice these tires were fantastic. The extra road ridges provided by other car tracks in the snow were the only things which caused some folowing. Otherwise, point and go. I'm surprised at how well the entire package performs. Ground clearance wasn't a problem. I'm thinking of adding fender flaps since the snow packs in the limited clearance of the rear wheels. Any thoughts? Too SUV like?

On dry pavement running up to the redline was fun and suspension didn't have any queezyness that I feel in the wifes' 2.7T (Which now has new Dunlop M2's all around, I considered that the Goodyears were gone after 30k miles.) We both are going to the upcoming NEQC winter driving school and we're taking both cars. That should be a blast!