A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

One day I want to say something positive....but until then A6 Avant in Bodyshop...actually some good

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One day I want to say something positive....but until then A6 Avant in Bodyshop...actually some good

Two left turn lanes. There were three lanes in total. Right most lane was suppose to be for through traffic only. Middle and left lanes were for turning left (marked with large left turn only chevrons no less). We were in the middle lane waiting to turn left. Green light, we proceed slowly into intersection turning left (as we are suppose to since we are in a left turn lane), Truck in left most lane goes straight.....not turning left....straight into our car.....driver side,

Car out until perhaps next year. Front fender, Front hood, Front door (door was falling off), front mirror, Lens, scratches along the entire driver side, front wheel looks like a BTCC car'c camber, Smells of oil, Can drive without squeeking, Suspension damaged for sure, wheel wells, etc,....etc,...etc,.....Had to flatbed the thing into a bodyshop.

Surprisingly, no airbags, but may not have been fast enough,....just off the line but still cause significant damage.

B O S T O N

Most positive thing about this was that the car remained solid throughout. protected my wife, my one year old and my two year old. A car is a car,... my family is most important. Some very nice people stopped by to see if we needed help. The fire department, ambulance and police department all arrived within two minutes. They were all so very helpful. My hats off to them. My two year old was rather excited to see real fire fighters.

Mike
Old 12-13-2001, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Bummer, glad to hear the car did its job and all are fine.
Old 12-13-2001, 04:10 PM

Default In Boston they drive offensively, not defensively!

I'm still waiting for my replacement hood at accident plus 6 weeks, so don't hold your breath for quick turn around. And when I visit the family in Boston I never feel like I'm really there until someone pulls at least one totally boneheaded maneuver with their car and puts me in grave danger. It usually doesn't take too long, either! Good luck on speedy repairs!
Old 12-13-2001, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear everyone is ok.
Old 12-13-2001, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hey Mike, very pleased to hear you & the fam are O.K., . . .

you know I can relate!!!! You definitely have the right perspective. Which body shop? Need a loan :-)? Damn, now that is just sick. Sorry!

Bri
Old 12-13-2001, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It's nice to have an A6...I'm glad everyone's ok...another reason to be thankful this holiday season
Old 12-13-2001, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

What do you mean? you can't push people out of the way if they are going too slow?
Old 12-13-2001, 09:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Glad you are all OK. Sorry about the car.
Old 12-14-2001, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Did you get a quote yet? Whould insurance total the car?
Old 12-14-2001, 06:30 AM

I resemble that remark.

Quick Reply: One day I want to say something positive....but until then A6 Avant in Bodyshop...actually some good