A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Picture Thread - Lets see your A6

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks and I will let you know it goes....
Old 07-04-2009, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jaymac
I do indeed know the screw! As it so happens, I didn't put mine back in either!! Too much of a PITA, and no biggie as far as I'm concerned

I didn't bake, separate or drill the housing. I was worried about condensation. I used forecpes, pliers, and long hook/pick tools to pr it loose and cut it up into pieces.
here's a link on a how-to. It sounds ALOT more complicated and lengthy, but trust me once you get it out you'll be AMAZED how simple it was.
Disregard the part about re-connecting the 3rd screw and the sensor that's attached to it. It's not true for our cars. And make sure you get clear or chrome bulbs!!
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=3862
good news! headlights are off!!! bad news is I don't really have any tool to go and grab/hook the orange corner out.... tried a couple things was able to break some of it but I am going to end up scratching the chrome house and have already a little bit.... if I keep this up I am going to have to open them up and paint them black lol.....any suggestions before I give up and bake them......
Old 07-04-2009, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

I scratched the chrome inside myself. I don't really care all that much. Unless someone bends down and inspects it, no one will notice. I would take another car to the store or reassmeble yours. You do really need a long hook took to break it loose initially, then regular snips and cutters should work fine!
Old 07-04-2009, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jaymac
I scratched the chrome inside myself. I don't really care all that much. Unless someone bends down and inspects it, no one will notice. I would take another car to the store or reassmeble yours. You do really need a long hook took to break it loose initially, then regular snips and cutters should work fine!
can you send me a pic or link to the one you used? I'll go buy it. I don't wanna bake ( i'm a bad cook lol)
Old 07-04-2009, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 04/A6/2.7t/S-line
can you send me a pic or link to the one you used? I'll go buy it. I don't wanna bake ( i'm a bad cook lol)
http://www.mactools.com/popup.aspx?s...ge/PSCHP4L.jpg
I used something like the hook pic here in the link. It was from my brother's shop, so I'm not 100% sure if they'd have them in Home Depot or Autozone. Make sure you get a long one.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

lol i've been tryng with a shorter one no luck!! and you went through the corner bulb hole right?
Old 07-04-2009, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

lol i've been tryng with a shorter one no luck!! and you went through the corner bulb hole right?
Yup I went through the corner hole. I tried the shorter one too with no luck. You need more leverage and more maneuverability. I found if you pulled on the top and bottom corners, the whole piece would dislodge as a whole and you could shake it around in there and clip the thing apart piece by piece and shake it out!
Old 07-04-2009, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

man!!! I tell ya those corners were in tight... no luck what so ever. They would not budge one bit....

I had to pull the drill out, drilled a hole where the bottom clip was. I began pushing on the clip and man they wouldn't break either!!!! I had a hex key and had to hit it with the hammer to break those suckers.... then when broken, still tight as hell (no difference) so I had to repeat the my steps but on the upper clips, once that was done they came out like butter. So yeah 4 holes in all, all sealed up with silicone and even a small slice of tuck tape to prevent any water damage.

wtf eh? lol
Old 07-04-2009, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default happy camper

Attached Images  
Old 07-04-2009, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

"hell yeah!" to the end result, but MAN, that shouldn't have been that hard!!! Now, if you didn't already reinstall them , put tape over the lens on the corner so you don't scratch it up while re-installing it!!!!
Once you're done, take pics! It'll look great!

Quick Reply: Picture Thread - Lets see your A6