A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Pittsburgh people, horrible experience at C and G performance.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pittsburgh people, horrible experience at C and G performance.

I went to get 4 tires mounted on my rotas for winter. The dumbasses at the "performance shop" mount 3 of the tires in the same direction. I go back and they swap one of the tires. Keep in mind that they took these tires off and marked them originally!

This was all pre-mounting. So now I have the tires/wheels on and the stockers off and the car is pulling to the left. Hmmm, curious. The jack-holes mounted the two tires with the most tread on the right side of the car!

So now I have to go back a third time for TIRES - AHHHHHHHHHHHH! Has the whole world gone crazy?! Anyone know a good shop with reasonable prices to mount and balance tires without scratching wheels in Pittsburgh?

My friend and I go back there and I tell the guy that the car is pulling left and I measured the tread and the right side tires are much higher.

He immediately replies to that "I've never heard of a tire doing that before". (HUH?) So then he goes on, "I'll have someone test drive it blah blah". I said, "well I'd prefer if you just measure the tread, I don't think you will notice it, the steering is fairly tight." (They are on a backroad). He looked at me kind of funny so I just said, "look, just measure the treads and if they are ok by you than that is good enough for me." So he dissapears into the shop and one of the techs comes out and walks around the car with me. This guy immediately notices that the tread on the right is higher than the left. So they take the car in 15 minutes later.

An hour (yes hour later) the car is back out. Keep in mind that all they had to do was swap the left front and right rear tire. My friend and I look it over and everything looks fine. I thank the kid, shake his hand, and start to get in the car. Well who pops his head out but the store manager/owner, "hey, you have a bill in here!". I said, "What?". He replies, "What you think this was free, this isn't my fault." So at this point I'm about to go nuts. I calm myself perfectly and begin to speak, "You guys took these tires off my A6 and mismarked them, now you..." He interrupts, "You know what, just find someone else to work on your wheels." He then shuts the door and walks back in the shop. So at this point, I really don't care since I was never coming back anyway. But I do the mature thing and just start getting in my car.

Here's the capper though. The freakin' idiot forgot to give me back my adapter for the lugs on my rota wheels. If I hadn't caught it, I would have had to come back yet another time for the same damn tire mounting. I got the adapter from the kid and took off. Keep in mind they charge $150 to mount and balance 4 wheels/tires.

Shop info:

C and G Performance on Big Sewickley Creek in Sewickley PA off the Wexford exit of i79. The owner and person I was dealing with was Champ (Alan F. I believe). People in Pittsburgh, make your own decision if you ever want to deal with them.

Later,

-st
Old 10-16-2003, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should print this page and send it to him, that asswipe.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Could you POSSIBLY bitch any MORE????
Old 10-16-2003, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

<kisses>
Old 10-16-2003, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Expert

*girl-slap!!*
Old 10-16-2003, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How can they justify the $150?
Old 10-16-2003, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sewickley Car Store charges $180 or $200 for "17s" IIRC.

Seems to be the going rate to rip people off who actually care about their cars.

-st
Old 10-16-2003, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

aaaaah! <lisp> bastard! </lisp>
Old 10-16-2003, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah, I just figured I'd let the rest of the world (Audi and Subbie) know : )
Old 10-16-2003, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Expert

"Doan mek me do dat agin', beotch!"

Quick Reply: Pittsburgh people, horrible experience at C and G performance.