A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Race stories: 1 win, 1 loss...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race stories: 1 win, 1 loss...

<b>Winning story:</b> Last night, a black V6 Mustang (not the new body style, so I'm assuming '04 or older) was next to me at a light. The two times I looked over, he was looking down at my wheels and at his cell phone, so I thought he wouldn't race. But just before it turned green, my friend said he talked crap about my car to his girlfriend saying something like "his car ain't bad, it's just an Audi".

Then, the green light hits and he floors it. Not knowing I was being challenged, he pulled to 1.5 lengths ahead before I floored it. By the end of 2nd gear, I was about 1.5 ahead before I broke hard and turned into my street. As the guy caught up while I was turning, my friend yelled out "You got smoked, bud!" and we were laughing the whole way home. I know it was only a V6, 190 hp car (not the GT Mustang) and not much really to brag about. But it was still fun proving who had the better car.

<b>Losing story:</b> You won't believe this one. About a week ago, a fixed up red Hyundai Tiburon (sp?) pulled up next to me after tail-gating me for about a block. He had probably 17s on there w/ an after-market exhaust (all I noticed at the time). He revved up and I thought to myself (you've got to be kidding). My wife told me to let him go because I was complaining about him tailing me before he changed lanes. But I hit neutral and revved right back. As the light hit green, I started to floor it and then, my wife punched me on the shoulder and said "knock it off, it's just a Hyundai. It's not worth it and you shouldn't be racing anyway." So, he pulled ahead and probably thought he won...which in a way, he did.

He probably thought I gave up because I was intimidated or something. Oh well, whatever boosts his ego. I bet he was bragging to his friends, too, about it. Well, he did win I guess, thanks to my wife and her logical thinking. Last time I try that w/ the Mrs. in the car. I should've known better. Doh!
Old 08-05-2005, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I was in a checkout line earlier this week. Ahead of me

was a nice looking middle aged fellow who obviously knew the older gentleman at the till. After a few comments, the man behind the till asked if the new blue Tiberon in front of the store belonged to the customer. The customer replied yes. The clerk asked if it was fast. The customer replied that it had a top speed of over 170mph. The clerk asked if he'd taken it out to the desert for a high speed run. The guy said he was still breaking it in. There was some more back and forth about aerodynamic design and how cars like this are pretty much in the same league as the larger engined Porsches.

I bit my tongue, paid for my stuff, and fled before the laughter could escape ;-)
Old 08-05-2005, 02:33 PM

haha, oh yeah, tiberons are almost exactly like porsches!
Old 08-05-2005, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default nice...1 win here...

One win…WRX, punk kid with his hat on crooked…I was on the outside lane at a "T" intersection waiting to turn left. My lane ended about 100 yards up the road..so I had to decided weather or not to just let him go or try and take him. Wife was with me…surprisingly she said to take him…I was hesitant as usual..I hate being the idiot that pulls away like a bat out of hell only to find out the other person had no intention. Anywho,,the light turns green…I creep away slowly, and then my instinct was to punch it..and so did he..we were neck and neck..then he shifted to 2nd..and I could hear a huge grind and knew at that point I had him…laughing and flooring it till my lane ended and he was on my tail…but I got him…it was great!
Old 08-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Top speed of WHAT??? Yeah right.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 1 win 300zx non-turbo with mod. exhaust and big subwoofers...

Wen't thru two lights him trying to get around me. I'm a little hesitant so I let him pass. At the light he flashes some gang sign (crazy fingers out the window) He revs it the light turns green. Great spot some 1/2 mile four lane with no entrance or exits. I jam in behind him in second pull to the left and fly by. About a dozen car lengths he starts flashing his high beams. I decide not to find out what he and his bro want to ask me and turn at the next light. Funny but trucks always seem to want to race me. Did loose to a newer mustang recently but I think he was more preped for a show than I was. Maybe next time.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default See, April thats where you jump in and show these "Joe Generic" autofiles that you are the bomb! ...

Flash your stuff. But, if you like to fly low profile it just emphasises your personal class.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yeah, it's good you didn't take a chance...

on why they were flashing their lights. Some people can be sore losers and turn into road rage.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Good one! I wish my wife would let me floor it when she's in the car...

you have an understanding wife. =)
Old 08-05-2005, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ha ha! You have self-control. I would've either...

busted out laughing right on the spot or corrected them. Oh well, let them have fun in fantasy-land.

Quick Reply: Race stories: 1 win, 1 loss...