A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Rockville Audi saga semi-update

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 07:03 AM
CEB
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rockville Audi saga semi-update

After waiting an hour, in vain, for the GM to call me this morning, I decided to call him - I got his voicemail and left a pleasant message asking him to call me.

Two hours later, I decided to call AoA and spoke with a very pleasant young lady by the name of Fatima, who seemed quite appalled that they would paint the unpainted valance without my direct instruction. She also opined that having too much oil is very bad and can cause catalitic converter problems.

She tried calling Rockville Audi and couldn't speak to either the service manager nor the GM....

Now, I fully understand that the Audi parts system has some issues with S6 specific parts, but if the service manual doesn't say "install whatever part you can find and slop shiny paint all over it, a couple other sensors and half the bumper" then they shouldn't do that.

Anybody can look at those parts and tell that they are originally unpainted. If the part that comes in is a different color, then shouldn't try to paint it, but they should have called AoA and figured out what the right part is - and ordered that.

Maybe it needs to come from Germany and takes a week - that's fine - but there is no excuse for screwing up a customer's car.

I'm not sure how they can fix it. It is part of the bumper, so they may need to work with AoA to get a new bumper, have the part that should be painted, painted and give me some compensation for the diminished value (non-original paintwork). In addition, they'll need to cover any future oil related problems with the car.

Customer service at Rockville Audi has hit a new low....<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/610798.phtml">Rockville Audi hires unemployed graffiti artist to paint unpainted valance and hires fired</a></li></ul>
Old 03-31-2006, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Couple of things...

At least on this list of "approved Audi oils" a Castrol "Diesel Turbo" brand is listed. Just 'cuz it says "diesel," may not mean it's "diesel-only."

<a href="http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Audi_Oil.tif"> Approved Audi oils. </a>

(By the way, this list may not be the most current available.)

That said, you clearly have received unsatisfactory service and communication.

May want to check out the link below.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/148797.phtml">Direct-to-the-top communication.</a></li></ul>
Old 03-31-2006, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty bad stuff. Well, there's alway HBL!!!
Old 03-31-2006, 02:58 PM
CEB
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yeah, but Rockville was using Kendall bulk oil.....

15w40 Diesel engine oil. I have an email from Kendall that they have no 15w40 oil that is approved by ANY manufacturer for gasoline engine use.......