A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Screwed by Audi service -- watch out

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screwed by Audi service -- watch out

Anyone else have this problem? One day before 3-year warrantee expired, brought car to Tischer Audi for 40k checkup. No problems noted. 3 weeks later, getting a flat repaired, my wife was told the brakes were so worn that discs were badly scored. She took car to our regular (non-Audi) mechanic, in whom we have confidence, who confirmed and replaced for $900+. Tisher will not cover any part because replacement not done by their service people, who have demonstrated that they are either crooks or incompetents. Audi of America backs Tischer. 40k is a reasonable brake wear replacement point, I think Tischer screwed me by not detecting this. Audi of America backs them up. I recommend avoiding Audi service.
Old 10-18-2002, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default No - you screwed up.

1. You should have notified the Dealer and AoA in writing the minute you found out.

2. You should have called Tischer and had them look at the car, even if it was shortly out of warranty.

3. If the car was not drivable, you should have called roadside assistance and had it trailered to Tisher.

4. You should never wait until the day before the warranty is up to bring it in for final checks. 2-4 weeks or a 1000 miles is a better idea

Remmeber - Ticsher get reimbursed for warranty work, so why would they NOT want to do it.

You, my freind, screwed up. You and the spouse had lots of options before you shelled out the $$. How can anyone mess up a bumper to bumper 3 year warranty - there is only one way, and you figured it out. They are under no obligation to pay for work they never authorized, and can't document.
Old 10-18-2002, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default oh and $900 for brakes?????

All four? that comes to 225 per axle? that is WAY high! PLus the frionts are the only ones that usualy go bad, not the rears at 40k miles. The rears will barely need pads by then. Plus, that is a 3-4 hour job to do all 4. You telling me you never called anyone while it was happening?

How about this scenario:

the wife takes the car someplace to get a flat fixed, and gets talked into a whole bunch of brake work. She can't get a hold of you, so she says, sure - go ahead and do it.

You see the bill for $900, and hope you can get Audi to pay for it. But no dice!
Old 10-18-2002, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hookem !!!
Old 10-18-2002, 10:21 PM

welp, there it is my friend. plain and simple. (nice job Dal)
Old 10-19-2002, 06:36 AM
HPH
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah. Brutal, but sort of like "tough love."
Old 10-19-2002, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default well - you know. Give me a break!! (pun intended)...

Would he have paid the indi shop to do the brakes without someone giving the OK?? No -way, yet he expects AoA to do that for him
Old 10-19-2002, 07:08 AM
HPH
AudiWorld Super User

Default I meant that in support of your approach, truly...

...He's been ranting all over the place, and it just sounds too much like a spoiled brat to me. He didn't get what he expected, so he's disappointed, sure. But his expectations, methinks, were a tad high. Or maybe astronomical. HPH
Old 10-19-2002, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Oh - I know! I just hate whiners who certainly should know better
Old 10-19-2002, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sorry guy. Audi warranty means you need to visit Audi dealer.

The same holds true for the BMW and Mercedes, as well as pretty much any other brand out there. You want them to pay for it, then you need to take it to them for the work to be done. Audi is usually pretty good at taking care of folks who are just out of warranty. All it would have taken was a call or two.

Only if you buy certain aftermarket warranties, can you visit any (non dealer ) shop you wish.

Most dealer shop rates are $75 an hour. Allow 4 hours. If the front rotors where toast, say another $200 there for replacements ( the rears are almost always fine ). $200 for front and rear performance pads. I see $700 right there. There are ways for me to trim that price, but there's no point going there now.

Quick Reply: Screwed by Audi service -- watch out