A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

SmarTire Tire Monitoring System

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Well,...

Stony,
If you do not like Mercedes and prefer to drive an Audi does not mean that they have a bad car or design. We are not satisfied with our current design and the next version will be much better. However you addressed some problems in your messages that are not existed in our product. The current product is tested and approved by TUV (NHTSA equivalent in Germany) the same company who verifies the vehicles (including Audi) in Germany. It is tested and verified by Pirelli Tires in Europe and they are installing our system all around the Europe. But they trained all of their installer to how to install and remove the tires and transmitters. You are talking about some major problems and a feedback from your tire shop. I like to hear all of them but some of them are not true. They feel these problems but companies like Pirelli, Aston Martin, .... or TUV do not trust their feeling. They are responsible for their customers and they test everything to the extreme level before offering it to the market (as we are doing).
You cannot see the tire pressures by just looking at them. Tires that are low in pressure will heat up sooner than the other tires (more deformation) and this extra heat will cause tread separation and tire failure and lose of control. It can be dangerous at high speeds on the highways with lots of cars around. It's a common product in motor sport (as we supply to super bikes, WRC, DTM to CART racing) as they want maximum performance and reliability. We have something similar for RVs and Big commercial trucks, that they can see their tire pressures and temperatures for their vehicle and towed trailer/vehicle.
I appreciate your feedback on our system. I wrote to you to hear problems and errors. I am not here to push you to buy anything. Enjoy your Audi and I wish we have a good design very soon to keep everybody happy including you. The point is to keep you and your family safe on the road.
Regards
Kian