A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

So how many people who say they are leaving will really stay away?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 03:03 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Leeer73
Cry much? You guys should be thankful that this forum was created to begin with.

All of you who keep bitching in these redundant threads should take a second and THANK the owners of this forum for all of the help that you have recived here.

It shouldn't matter what the format is, if you want to hang around and help people then I'm sure it would be much appreciated, but enough with the threats already! If you don't like it here, then beat it!

So you have a super high UID, we don't know you, and you have three whole posts, two of which are in this forum, minutes apart from each other, both posts are not about Audi but about vB and we are expected to believe that this post is not a plant?
Old 03-18-2009, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm staying it's the people not the format
Old 03-18-2009, 07:07 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

If you use the 'quick reply' and threaded mode, it works well.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:32 AM
Elder Member

Cry much? You guys should be thankful that this forum was created to begin with.

All of you who keep bitching in these redundant threads should take a second and THANK the owners of this forum for all of the help that you have recived here.

It shouldn't matter what the format is, if you want to hang around and help people then I'm sure it would be much appreciated, but enough with the threats already! If you don't like it here, then beat it!
like you would know, nooob, get your wadded panties out of your self righteous crack ... your post count's not even close to anyone's IQ ... yeah, thanks IB, for putting a valuable resource some of us have used for ~10 yrs. in the ****ter, we really are grateful.

answer to original Q: I'll look in to search now & then, other than that I have a life and don't want to waste it trolling & scrolling through VB boards ... I hate 'em on other sites and I especially don't like that format for AW. So as far as using AW as a regular, must-stop-by, discussion forum, that is over.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 4Driver4
So you have a super high UID, we don't know you, and you have three whole posts, two of which are in this forum, minutes apart from each other, both posts are not about Audi but about vB and we are expected to believe that this post is not a plant?

Originally Posted by Jon C
like you would know, nooob, get your wadded panties out of your self righteous crack ... your post count's not even close to anyone's IQ ... yeah, thanks IB, for putting a valuable resource some of us have used for ~10 yrs. in the ****ter, we really are grateful.
Lol, now how did I know that you guys would "cry" about my post count. Noob? Lol, You guys can say what ever you want, it really doesn't bother me. I try not to get all emo on forums like some of you do...

I haven't posted here before simply because I never cared for the original format. But now that it has changed, I think I'll be coming around more often. I guess I might as well since alot of you are soooo devistated by the change here and are going to leave (funny how most of you have managed to still stick around though) so there should be plenty of room for me.

The bottom line is that it is NOT you're forum, you've probably NEVER helped to maintain it or cover costs', therefore you should be be appreciative of what you have.

Have a little respect for the people that DO put their own personal time and money to give you guys something that they really don't need to.

And for F**k's sake, please stop threatening to leave and do it if that is really what you want to do. If not, please hang out, have a good time here and share in the wealth of knowledge that this website has.

Suck it up, don't be afraid of change...

Last edited by Leeer73; 03-18-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Cat Herder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[...]Have a little respect for the people that DO put their own personal time and money to give you guys something that they really don't need to.[...]
rofl. clearly you don't know as much as you think you know...
Old 03-18-2009, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Kris Hansen
If you use the 'quick reply' and threaded mode, it works well.
Kris threaded mode wont enable for me...dunno bout everyone else. keep hitting it in the drop down and then going to 'save' at the bottom and it resets over and over...ill open a trouble ticket...
Old 03-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Jimmy, I think they are tweaking things at the moment.. Bear with it..
Old 03-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pierreb

No, no. I know as much as I need to know. I'm sure everyone has dedicated alot of time to help one another out here, but if it weren't for the actual fourm, what would you do? Write everything down on a peice of paper?

Originally Posted by pierreb
did you help with the setup of this forum? Did you help with the maintenace? Did you help with the cost? If so, I am clearly wrong and I do apologise.

My point is not to bash everyone here, but I think that some people here need to realize that this site could be taken down just as easily at it was changed.

As a matter of fact, if I were the head dude here and had to deal with these guys bickering so much, I'd most likely shut this place down, and that would suck for the rest of us who actually like it now and who would like to be here.

In the past 8 years, I've had about 7-8 different brand new cars, and for every one of them I've always used different forums for information and help. This kind of stuff happens all of the time. Forums change, new people join, old people leave, but one thing stays the same. The forum will ALWAYS be a valuable resource were people can come and get the help that they need. Maybe try to keep that in mind. If it is now longer the place for you, then please leave. BUT you don;t need to get on your soap-box and preach to us about how the world is going to end now because you can't handle the change, and that we (the forum) can't NOT survive now because YOU, the most important person here, have chosen to go somewhere else...

Last edited by Leeer73; 03-18-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Elder Member

Default jeez, don't flatter yourself... assume= *** + U ...

The bottom line is that it is NOT you're forum, you've probably NEVER helped to maintain it or cover costs', therefore you should be be appreciative of what you have.

Have a little respect for the people that DO put their own personal time and money to give you guys something that they really don't need to.

And for F**k's sake, please stop threatening to leave and do it if that is really what you want to do. If not, please hang out, have a good time here and share in the wealth of knowledge that this website has.

Suck it up, don't be afraid of change...
---> you know the line, when you assume you make an *** out of "u"... how little you know and how wrong you are ... I'm not going "emo", frankly, AW's not THAT important to my ongoing well being to do that, but it is a shame when a community is rent asunder, I've seen it happen at some other boards that went to vB, too.

Learn how to read, your comprehension sucks. I never said I'm leaving and I never threatened to leave. I simply said that the change has sucked about 95% of the usefulness of the site out of it for me, so there will be that much less time spent, that much less time & chance that I'll spend money on or even see anything about AW advertisers.

There's a business model behind this change, remember, some of us are just pointing out that it ain't gonna work as planned for a lot of long time folks. I have contributed. I have bought from AW advertisers. I still have a pair of freakin' A4.org license plate frames (if you even know what those are) -- that's how long I've supported AW with information &c.

I'm not crying. I don't mind change, when it's good or worth it. It's just kind of sad to see a good thing go down the sh^tter, that's all. No tears here, sport.

So enjoy it ... get off your passive posterior, on which you've sat soaking in information while apparently contributing little or none from your end, which makes your little hissy fit about certain folks not appreciating people who contribute information kind of comically and ironically hypocritical.

Oh, and btw ... you rose to the "low post count" troll bait perfectly, I don't think I've ever used that before on any forum I've been on but I kinda figured you'd go postal over it.

Ta ta, "newb".

Last edited by Jon C; 03-18-2009 at 12:56 PM.

Quick Reply: So how many people who say they are leaving will really stay away?