A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Sqeak in rear Head liner?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2000, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sqeak in rear Head liner?

I think the squeak or rattle is in the rear head liner. I had a non audi phone installed and they were unable to use the audi cable. Said they couldn't pull it out far enough. I wonder if it was taped in there and now has come loose? Does anyone know if this cable has a coupling on the end that would rattle if it was not secured? I am about to remove the rear dome light and try fishing for it although I am not sure it is the problem . Have an appointment next week with the dealer but I think as busy as they are they won't screw around and try to find it for me.. Seems to be drivers side rear somewhere.Had someone ride around with me a we couldn't get it to do it although yesterday with 4 passengers and a fully loaded car it did start doing it as soon as I croossed the bay bridge on my way back from Tahoe. Really weird but annoying. Any help would be appreciated. Would be great if you could email me at oskidunker@aol.com. Haven't figured out how to get this list to email me when responses to my messgages appear. If anyone knows how to do this, it sure would be a great help as usually when I go back I can't find the message and the search feature doesn't work real good.

Thanks!

Mike