A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Still in Philli and went to the Auto Show out here. Let me first say Chicago's Auto Show SUCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still in Philli and went to the Auto Show out here. Let me first say Chicago's Auto Show SUCKS!

Good LORD, I'll post pics when I return, but the Chicago Auto show has been lacking for some number of years now, and I even wrote a letter to Audi last season and received a response.

Basically, our Gangster *** Teamster Thug Mob of a Union imposes such a tax on the Auto Show, none of the manufacturers wany to be bothered ith Chicago's show. A major city that has nothing in comparison......I'll halt, I said the same stuff last year when the LeMans had a photocopy in black & white of the engine and hub caps without any brakes, or rotors. Pathetic!

Philli had 4 huge show rooms and 2 rooms dedicated to every modern car from 50 cents video's to cars from 2 fast 2 furious and a dozen sponsors and race/track cars, even a Saleen.......Outstanding!

Unless I'm told things are different this year for Chicago's auto show, or I manage to get a free pass from my dealership, I'll be skipping the lameness of the Chicago Auto Show this year.

In teh Audi dept. I have pics of the A3 sportback, and also the latest S4 with fishmouth grille. I took some close ups of the W12 but I have to say, the Audi boothe was still lacking, no Nuvolari, no LeMans, Only a C6 A6, B7S4 and teh A3 Sportback with the W12. They had one C5 A6 2.7T non sport??? I have no idea why, but it was nice to see our car is still being shwcased with the latest and greatest for whatever reason.

The new S4 is uninspiring and the price of this years M3 is going to make that my next car unfortunately (for Audi) The M3 was the best priced car for its class IMHO and came stock with 19" M wheels and the works. For under $50K, how can this be beat?

Time will tell but in 11 months when my warranty is up, Audi better get their sh*t together or I'm sorry to say, I'm out (and I suspect with a great many others).

At any rate, the G35's looked cool, and I think I'm converting from a sedan man to a coupe guy, so we'll see.

Enjoy the Super Bowl. I'll see ya out there...
Old 02-06-2005, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sounds basically like the LA Show. We had a 4.2 Sport package to drool over here though, except

that I use the term "drool" loosely, because I still haven't warmed up to the Chrysler, er, I mean fishmouth, ahhh, I mean "New Corporate Face" of Audi. (It was kinda bronze in color) I don't think it looks as bad on the B7 or A3 though. Maybe it's because I don't own either. I still think the C6 is a step away from the sporting image I personally prefer, and too much like the A8. They used to show the R8 here on display too, no longer the case. It was cool of them to offer a photo op and posting it on Audi web site, but many others were doing this too, same company apparently.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

NAIAS in detroit is amazing
Old 02-06-2005, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Still in Philli and went to the Auto Show out here. Let me first say Chicago's Auto Show SUCKS!

I agree that the unions here in Chiago has not only screwed the auto shows,but they also killed all of the home and other product shows that show now in Vegas and not in Chicago, due to the unions.

Where can you get a fully loaded M3 for under $50 grand ? If you price them with the big packages it lists for 60-65 grand.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Sounds basically like the LA Show. We had a 4.2 Sport package to drool over here though, except

At least the new Audis are much better than the Bangle and Van Hooy Donk clown vehicles from BMW.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:46 PM

Default You can't really compare any US auto show to the NAIS in Detroit

We also had an S-Line there
Old 02-06-2005, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Agreed. Bimmers are nice, but the only one that I would consider is a 3 series.

They don't seem to like me either, both my 528 and 320i-s were both lemons. They were both white, too. Hmmmmm.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I went ~12 years ago...it was awesome!

Too many cars to see them all in one day...equivalent to or better than the Detroit show I went to 2-3 years ago...

I guess things have changed...sounds like a bs local show like St Louis and San Antonio have...weak...

The NY Show used to be terrible...it's gotten a lot better over the past 10 years or so...
Old 02-07-2005, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Still in Philli and went to the Auto Show out here. Let me first say Chicago's Auto Show SUCKS!

I am interested in seeing how the almost 400,000 sq. ft. expansion of the showroom floor will be used. I have heard something about Chrysler having a 1/2 mile indoor test track where you can drive Dodge, Jeep, and Chrysler cars. Not sure how they are going to pull that one off. I would be concerned that some crazy is going to veer off into the crowd with a hemi powered Cherokee.