A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Strong ass bumper lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strong *** bumper lol

So i got rear ended yesterday night because this old lady decided to stop in the middle of a green intersection and put on her left turn signal... she didnt end up turning she just came to a complete stop like a car length through the intersection. anyways i slammmmed on my brakes and stopped like a meter or two short of her but the guy behind my had no time to react and went into my back bumper... i pull over and look at my cars rear and there is no damage anywhere but the bumper, no dents whatsover just paint chips missing. I look at the brand new mazda 3 that went into my rear bumper... Both airbags deployed his hoods done, full front end is done, lights grill front bumper you name it, so bad his car wouldnt even start. Moral of the story you ask?

Audi > Mazda haahahahahahahahahah

but seriously 1998 2.8Q and its big round *** back bumper = can take alot of butt pounding.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll still want to get that checked for internal damage, especially since it will be one the Mazda owner's insurance.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boston Driver
You'll still want to get that checked for internal damage..
Defintely get it checked! If he hit you that hard I am willing to bet some of the bumber support hardware is damage. Also make sure your trunk opens and closes properly and that the spare tire well is still good. A friend of mine had a similar thing happen and days later he realised his trunk wouldn't close propely. He also had some water leak issues on the rear tails. Granted it was a Jetta, but the priniciples are the same...

Cheers
Massboykie
Old 08-19-2009, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Had a similar experience with an old Saab 9000 years ago. On the hwy, traffic stopped suddenly and the girl in her 1 year old Saturn didn't see us stop. Destroyed the front end of her car, the Saab's bumper was messed up but that's it. I drove her home after the accident. Oh and the impact broke my drivers seat.

There is a reason I insist on driving European cars. Someday I'll tell you my story of hitting a drunk driver in our 3 series.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

haha went and got it checked out, turned out there was some internal damage to the bumper so its getting replaced... it was estimated at $1600.00 i feel sorry for the guy that hit me lol.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had an old audi 5000 that was rear ended by a honda civic. The civic went under the 5000 to the point that the rear tires were over the front tires of the civic. The impact was such that the top of the engine was pushed back and touched the firewall.

The 5000 survived with a busted muffler and scratched up rear bumper, even the trunk opened and closed properly! I drove that car for another 3 years!
Old 08-20-2009, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Read a story a couple summers back about a (tractor) trailer falling on an A6. The body integrity allowed the driver to escape uninjured, although the A6 was pretty messed up. The story concluded that in just about any other car, he would have been a pancake.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PPGOAL
Read a story a couple summers back about a (tractor) trailer falling on an A6. The body integrity allowed the driver to escape uninjured, although the A6 was pretty messed up. The story concluded that in just about any other car, he would have been a pancake.
epic.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Claim injuries and get some fricken money. Friend did that and got a few grand in injuries. Sick ha...
Old 08-24-2009, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

maybe not audi but i also got a new bug and this giant red tahoe backs up into my rear bumper at about 9mph and my vw was fine. The tahoe got scratched up somehow. I took the drivers info just incase. My major worry was transmission damage to my car. Btw this was a brand new neighboor that had just moved in. Great way to meet me huh?

Quick Reply: Strong ass bumper lol