A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Took car into be Serviced and now nonstop check engine lights & the Brakes went out!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Opened up the hood and checked the lines this morning to the Master Cylinder. They look almost new. Is there a specific spot on the C5 where the rough idle and the brake problem could be connected?
Old 09-22-2012, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Took it into the dealership to have them look at. $99 for them to tell me that its misfiring and thats what is causing the brakes to go out. Looks like the two were related after all.

Now I have to figure out why. Going to change the spark plugs again and make sure they are gapped correctly. Had put in the NGK BKR7E's.

Why is the misfire random? Plugs or did the guy lie about the timing belt getting changed? Last time it happened ( on the way to the dealership) revved up the engine a couple of times and it went away.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GTA_Driver
Lol, good one!

When down the road you're wondering why you need a 10 hr job to replace the heater core, or why your water pump seized, blowing the timing on your engine and resulting in several thousand dollars' worth of damage, wonder no more. This is why.

There's a reason for doing things the Audi way, the proper way.

Relying on dubious and wrong advice of other people over the Internet is a disaster in the making.
Ditto...the temp sensors are sealed and rely on thermistors to sense temp. They have nothing to do with coolant conductivity. Many "electrical" problems can be narrowed down to dirty or corroded connectors or bad grounds. Replacing parts 'till you luck out and find the right one (called easter egging) can be VERY expensive.

Just my humble opinion, though.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am From Phoenix too and have Audi. Can you help me in anyway to diagnose my audi problem?
Old 11-17-2017, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by 2.7Lturbo
king hammer, when did you get your audi? nice to see another phoenix member !

got a LOT of tools and love spinning wrenches, also have a vag-com.

im pretty cheep too, only charge in pints of beer!!!
I am From Phoenix too and have Audi. Can you help me in anyway to diagnose my audi problem?
Old 11-17-2017, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by usha

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Car has been to body shop to repair the bumper as it pulled off during parking incident. After I got car repaired this Check Engine Light came. P2181: Coolant System Performance.
I don't know much about car and tiered of Audi car repair cost, so please help.
These are my observations:
Car coolant gauge gradually reaches mid way and stops there, no issue.
But I smell engine(something) burning smell after I drive for 30mins and also I can feel engine hotness near hood as my be overheated?
At start some pleasant oil burning smell comes.
Car has oil leak for long, so many times mechanics repaired but never fixed!
Oil changes comes very often(like 3 months, less than mentioned time and miles) and did oil change every time.
I think car is drinking too much gas! With full tank Premium gas (91) I get to run only 150-170 miles on highways! (is it normal?)
Please advice me what are the things need to be done to fix car completely so that it will run in good condition. It will be helpful if you can explain me every point I mentioned and give me more information on each.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Old 11-17-2017, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

First of all you are tapped into a very old posting. Second, this is the C5 series forum. Try asking your questions on the correct forum. There is an independent shop in Tucson called Little Germany that does good work. Can't speak to what's available in Phoenix.