A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

We made it ! (Audi Content)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2001, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We made it ! (Audi Content)

We successfully completed our Coast to Coast memorial flight (Boston to Los Angeles). It was a great experience and we established a $1,000 scholarship to be awarded to an L.A. student who is interested in an aviation career. We are doing the same thing in Boston. It was a powerful and moving experience and there are so many great people of all makes/models out there in this country.

Normally stuffy L.A. Govt' was extraordinarily gracious. Thanks for the e-mails etc. . . We did not accept or solicit any donations for the flight or scholarship.

Audi Content Now. We returned about three hours late in Massachusetts because we needed to get the battery for the aircraft charged during our fuel stop in PA.. Oddly, upon arrival I hit the remote on my A6 FOB and nothing happened. Uh Oh.

Yep, battery completely dead after 81 hours. Thankfully my friend had not left yet and gave me a jump with his accord. It took a few minutes to charge and then started up. Needed to reset a few things but other than that it is o.k.. In the perspective of the moment it was an extremely minor inconvenience.

My point with bringing it up is to ensure that all of you who leave your car at the airport should remember to check the battery BEFORE the cool weather sets in. I had this problem once before but they replaced the battery and all was fine. I could leave it for ten days and not have a problem. As I said, not a whine/gripe but rather a friendly reminder/warning so you don't get in a jam.

Bri<ul><li><a href="http://www.libertyjourney.org">http://www.libertyjourney.org</a</li></ul>