A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Well I was nearly killed a few minutes ago..That guy must have been drunk or sleeping because he...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well I was nearly killed a few minutes ago..That guy must have been drunk or sleeping because he...

swerved right across into my lane, and straight at me. I saw him riding the opposite shoulder w/dust behind him, but I figured that he had been parked on the shoulder, and was returning to the road. To my fu**ing suprise, the guy comes off of the shoulder and pulls directly into my lane. Luckily, I have the reaction time of a fly and I swerved onto the shoulder (no time for the horn, only a strong pull of the wheel.) Luckily I made it out of the way, since a full size Dodge Ram hitting me head on at 35 mph (a combined total of 70 mph,) would surely have killed me. I feel bad for the guy behind me, since he was towing a trailer...luckily he was able to swerve onto the shoulder as well. Fu**ing a**hole...I hate people like that....No matter how well you drive, there is always someone willing to bring the reaper to your doorstep. lol..Gets me thinking...if I hadn't stopped for gas, and missed that first light, I would have never gone through that...fate in action I guess. Just suxx....
Old 03-19-2007, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Next time turn around, get his plates, and call the police. No kidding. :/

I have absolutely NO pity for those who drive drunk; the penalty is too severe and the laws are way too lenient.

Glad you're OK, but the worse case scenario occurs multiple times a day across the country...many of which are completely avoidable.

Drive safe everyone, and keep your eyes open.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Exactly. I call the police while I'm driving when I see people driving like that...

there should be absolutely no tolerance when it comes to drunk drivers.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Unfortunately I was in shock for a few moments, so turning around was prolly not likely. I'm glad...

the guy behind me made it as well. I always feel bad when I swerve, since that could equal death for the person behind me. Of course...if I hadn't been there in the first place, that guy may have been hit (assuming he swerved simply because he saw me swerve....) To that end...I have to say that it was just another thing that I did not need to go through. I have come up with a lot of diff. quotes in my life, but I think that this one fits the bill...
"The only certainty in life is death"
Johnny B.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:09 PM

Default I usually try to call as well (around here you supposedly get $500 for turning in d. drivers : )

Of course I've never been paid for it :P(not that I wouldn't call, if there was no chance of getting paid.) This situation was a little diff. though...
Old 03-19-2007, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Yikes! What a shocker!
Old 03-19-2007, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default $500??? If that's the case, I'll go out on drunk driver patrol!

Too bad for me there's nothing like that in NY or NJ.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Saturday morning on my way to work (7am) i have seen pretty scary accident right in front of me ...

Mitshubishi SUV (traveling about 50 - 55mph) pulling right from left lane over right lane in the shoulder (no braking) and smash right into the another SUV standing still beside the road (nobody was in standing car). After the straight hit Mitsubishi bounce back and travel slowely over two lanes, crossing the grass middian right into incoming traffic (no cras there, luckily) still moving over two lanes and stop in the shoulder. I was in the shock. I can't believe my eyes.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:55 PM

Luckily there was a shoulder there and not another lane with a possible car there.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:02 PM

Like I said, I've never been paid for it...but it's not something that you do for the money....

Quick Reply: Well I was nearly killed a few minutes ago..That guy must have been drunk or sleeping because he...