A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

What's the going stealership charge for a transmission fluid and filter change...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe in a 2nd chance, just not a 3rd.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default People complain far more often than they compliment. That's the nature of humans.

You would be utterly astonished as what customers try to pull at dealers, thinking the dealer will absorb the cost from somewhere else - yeah, other customers. Usually you can spot them, but it's downright insulting that people even try.

Think of it as a dealer trying to put food on the tables of their employees which means there has to be a profit margin of some kind - and yes, the customer shouldn't feel like their pockets have been cleaned out (unless there wasn't much to start, in which case they should not drive German).

I'm not saying some dealers do not do represhensible things, but from having been on both sides of the table, the customer carries their fair share of shady actions.

Pity we don't have as many dealer employees as customers here on AW. You'd have a little different perspective if we did;-)
Old 10-12-2006, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default With all due respect

I'm astonished on a daily basis as I hear once again another story of a 500$ oil change, or 1000$ for a pollen filter(sure these figures are exagerated) yet I find myself constantly enraged as I hear another German car owner being ripped off. A business should have ETHICS,which, in my opinion does not include 500% markups on parts and labor.

I remember my last encounter with the dealer. They informed me that I had a recall for tie rod ends and a throttle body. I brought the car in and left it for a day. When I came back I noticed the receipt said throttle body recall done. I asked about the tie rod ends and their response was "my bad, ya, I guess tie rod ends arent covered". Then I look under my hood and coolant was splashed all over the motor. When I dropped the car off I asked that they do not wash it. Sure enough it was washed with swirl marks all over the paint.

Why don't the dealers compliment the product they are selling? And how many dealers drive Audis?