A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

01152 error code, questions? Where is fuse

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01152 error code, questions? Where is fuse

Ok, long story short, AC got recharged, AC worked for a week then AC stopped working.. did some scan, had codes.. but for now will just focus on this code.. I had a coolant fan module malfunction. Both fans don't spin, the coolant and the AC fan, when heat or AC is on.

So today I replaced both fans and module, just did a full swap, no wiring, everything was connected, just pulled out the old unit replaced with another (from a a6 with 135km)

I no longer get the coolant fan module code. Now I get 01152 code. Both fans spin when I press AC mode. When I turn heat on, both fans go off (is that normal for the rad fan to not be spinning when ac is off).

Anyways my question is, where the hell are these two 60a fuses. I read that the fuses could be the issue, if not then it's the fan or control module? Is it possible it's something else such as thermostat? I looked up a fuse diagram and it just says it's on the right side near the windshield. I took apart looked in, all I found was the computer module unit. I cannot find these fuses and I'm so surprised that nobody has any pictures up or any info. I need a detailed guide to find these fuses as they seem to magically hiding
Old 08-25-2020, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Can nobody help ?
Old 08-26-2020, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Dude, you were right there when you were in the box where the ECU is. The fuses are just to the left of the ECU as you're facing the windshield from in front of the car. You will be able to see some large gauge wires heading there. Note these don't look like ordinary fuses they are just ribbons of copper alloy so that they can be air cooled for times when it/they have to carry 50 amps.

Last edited by jonzie77; 08-26-2020 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jonzie77
Dude, you were right there when you were in the box where the ECU is. The fuses are just to the left of the ECU as you're facing the windshield from in front of the car. You will be able to see some large gauge wires heading there. Note these don't look like ordinary fuses they are just ribbons of copper alloy so that they can be air cooled for times when it/they have to carry 50 amps.
Thank you for this! I shall take a look tomorrow. I looked in this area but as you said I may not be recognized that they are fuses. What do the fuses look like / are called so that I can buy, how do I tell if they are blown since this isn't a typical looking fuse?

I also read about a "fuseable link" that's in the drivers foot well on the wall of the car side? Under a flap? Have you heard of this or is this for a different model of car. Here's the link, one of the members directs the question asker to the area of the car that I believe you're suggesting me to check. But then someone else says check the foot well.
https://www.justanswer.com/audi/8q2lj-audi-a6-quattro-looking-radiator-fan-fuse-2005.html

Last edited by Deja42; 08-26-2020 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just to the left of where you see the number "2'" in the lower half of the picture. It is, like I said, just a band of copper/brass colored metal shaped much like an hour glass. It is shaped that way so that if it is going to "fuse" (open) it will occur, predictably, in that necked-down zone so it will be pretty obvious if it is blown just by looking at it. If you don't believe your eyes use a multimeter and either check for continuity across the two ends or check for voltage between ground and both ends (battery ground is conveniently right next door).
Old 08-26-2020, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just to the left of where you see the number "2'" in the lower half of the picture. It is, like I said, just a band of copper/brass colored metal shaped much like an hour glass. It is shaped that way so that if it is going to "fuse" (open) it will occur, predictably, in that necked-down zone so it will be pretty obvious if it is blown just by looking at it. If you don't believe your eyes use a multimeter and either check for continuity across the two ends or check for voltage between ground and both ends (battery ground is conveniently right next door).
Thank you, I'll take a look tomorrow,
I also read about a "fuseable link" that's in the drivers foot well on the wall of the car side? Under a flap? Have you heard of this or is this for a different model of car. Here's the link, one of the members directs the question asker to the area of the car that I believe you're suggesting me to check. But then someone else says check the foot well.
https://www.justanswer.com/audi/8q2l...fuse-2005.html
Old 08-27-2020, 02:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi, it's look like below. (it is NOT exactly the same set up as your A6)
yellow circle indicate broken fuse. I believe 60A fuse is one next to yellow circle.

picture from dognmonkey.com/audi

Old 08-27-2020, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tishi
Hi, it's look like below. (it is NOT exactly the same set up as your A6)
yellow circle indicate broken fuse. I believe 60A fuse is one next to yellow circle.

picture from dognmonkey.com/audi

Ok so this picture you sent is for a different model of the a6? I know mine definitely doesn't look like that one since I don't have regular fuses next to metal ones? Where do I buy these metal fuses. What are they called in case mine is done for?
Old 08-27-2020, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here is a dealer listing for the fuse: https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi_200...N10424908.html . According to the wiring diagram that fuse is dedicated to the cooling fans.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Here is a dealer listing for the fuse: https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi_200...N10424908.html . According to the wiring diagram that fuse is dedicated to the cooling fans.
Thank you and the coolant fans both use one of these each, so I need two fuses, assuming both are blown.

Quick Reply: 01152 error code, questions? Where is fuse