A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

1st Audi? '08 A6 CPO

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Audi? '08 A6 CPO

I'm planning to look at this A6 tomorrow and would appreciate your feedback... Summary below, pics on site.

http://www.carouselmotors.com/used-i...DH74FX8N181928

'08 A6 3.2L Quattro, 17K miles, listed at $36,787

GPS Nav! Get Hooked On Carousel Motors! This wonderful 2008 Audi A6 is the luxury car you've been longing to find. You pulling up to a nice restaurant in this A6, would look so much better than it sitting here, all sad and lonely, on our lot. It's ready, come and get it! It's loaded with some really nice amenities such as the Cold Weather Package (Heated Steering Wheel, Rear Heated Seats, and Removable Ski Sack), the Technology Package (Audi Adaptive Light, Power Tilt & Telescoping Steering Wheel, Advanced Key, Audi Parking System Advanced, and Voice Control System), Premium Package, Programmable Daytime Running Lights, Auto-Dimming Interior Mirror w/Digital Compass, Memory for Driver's Seat & Mirror Adjustments, Front Heated Seats, Power Glass Sunroof w/Slide/Tilt Function, and Bi-Xenon Headlights.

I was double checking options on the car vs. what's listed here, and the dealer said that it does not have the advanced parking system, but apparently has the other components of the tech package? Is that possible? Anything else to look for?

We're looking to replace a 2002 325xi w/62,000 miles - not sure if I will look to trade it or sell on my own.

TIA

Tom
Old 08-01-2010, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TDiddy
I'm planning to look at this A6 tomorrow and would appreciate your feedback... Summary below, pics on site.

http://www.carouselmotors.com/used-i...DH74FX8N181928

'08 A6 3.2L Quattro, 17K miles, listed at $36,787

GPS Nav! Get Hooked On Carousel Motors! This wonderful 2008 Audi A6 is the luxury car you've been longing to find. You pulling up to a nice restaurant in this A6, would look so much better than it sitting here, all sad and lonely, on our lot. It's ready, come and get it! It's loaded with some really nice amenities such as the Cold Weather Package (Heated Steering Wheel, Rear Heated Seats, and Removable Ski Sack), the Technology Package (Audi Adaptive Light, Power Tilt & Telescoping Steering Wheel, Advanced Key, Audi Parking System Advanced, and Voice Control System), Premium Package, Programmable Daytime Running Lights, Auto-Dimming Interior Mirror w/Digital Compass, Memory for Driver's Seat & Mirror Adjustments, Front Heated Seats, Power Glass Sunroof w/Slide/Tilt Function, and Bi-Xenon Headlights.

I was double checking options on the car vs. what's listed here, and the dealer said that it does not have the advanced parking system, but apparently has the other components of the tech package? Is that possible? Anything else to look for?

We're looking to replace a 2002 325xi w/62,000 miles - not sure if I will look to trade it or sell on my own.

TIA

Tom
whoo! it has roller-blinds on the side windows and power rear roller blinds hard to find. I don't think it has the tech package with the info you provided about regarding the advanced parking system. ****--->And it doesn't have advanced key like stated<--****. If the pictures on the link are right there is no Start Stop button in front of the Parking brake which would be present for the Advanced Key.

If it does really have satnav which you state it does have; it was probably ordered La Carte. btw all a6's have the nav button, so you many want to verify that it is installed by pushing on the satnav button or checking if has a center color lcd.

Personally I think it is a bit expensive, but I havent checked on a6 prices in a while since i got mine 2 years ago.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

nice find... however I also second on the idea that it is a tad bit more expansive. With $36k, I am fairly certain you can find a 07 S6 loaded with all the packages with fairly low miles too. Just my 2cent.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks all... I had a feeling that might be the case. Even though I specifically asked about the technology package as listed, the sales guy only said that it was lacking the parking system.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Car looks nice, but what is with the rims??? A nicely optioned car running on those 17's???
Old 08-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is it possible that the other components in the technology package could also be ordered ala carte? I know it doesn't have the parking system or advanced key at this point. Not worried about the parking system but was really wanted an intelligent key in our next car. Homelink is listed as part of the technology package, and it's visible in one of the pics (assuming the pic is from the correct car...) But I'm now wondering if it will have the adaptive headlights and/or voice control. There's a pic highlighting voice control on the steering wheel, but I'm wondering if that could be like the nav button - always present, but not necessarily activated.

I'm hoping to get a better idea before I either write this one off or make the 90 min trip to check this one out.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TDiddy
Is it possible that the other components in the technology package could also be ordered ala carte? I know it doesn't have the parking system or advanced key at this point. Not worried about the parking system but was really wanted an intelligent key in our next car. Homelink is listed as part of the technology package, and it's visible in one of the pics (assuming the pic is from the correct car...) But I'm now wondering if it will have the adaptive headlights and/or voice control. There's a pic highlighting voice control on the steering wheel, but I'm wondering if that could be like the nav button - always present, but not necessarily activated.

I'm hoping to get a better idea before I either write this one off or make the 90 min trip to check this one out.
Personally, I would use this to either get a really good deal on this Audi or find another one, because I feel like you are already paying a bit more if you had all those options. You can find yourself alot better deal. I searched 4 Audi dealers before finding one I wanted with options and price.

Also for the voice button they all them regardless if you have it installed; kind of making it a dummy button. The only way to know is to push it. Lol you must have a fully loaded BMW if all your buttons work.

Our Mercedes and my Audi (never owned a BMW) has plenty of black buttons for options you could have got. I feel like they do this to remind you of what you could had to punish you haha. Mercedes was the worse not only the dummy buttons, but they even included it in the function to display. lol. Whoooo! Power Trunk Options "This setting is not aviable."

btw if your closest Audi dealer is 90min away you might not want to get an audi, unless your willing to make the trek. The audi will be bound to go to the workshop quite often. Never major like a breakdown, but alot of small issues. Like airbag lights, abs light, check engine, etc. Though I have never been stranded; knock on wood.

Last edited by triplecore; 08-01-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

OK thanks... I'll do a little pricing research and see what I can come up with for an offer, should we decide to make one.

We do have an Audi dealer 10-15 minutes from home, but they don't have much for pre-owned A6's. The dealer that has this particular one is larger but farther away.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

If you are in the market for an a6 at that price, may want to check in on some S6 pricing.

Just got an 07 S6 for 38k with 25k miles on it.

Love the white though, but I agree, those wheels must go.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So what would you expect to pay for this A6? I thought this was a bit much when I thought it had the tech package, but I'm not familiar enough with the market to know how much markup there typically is with Audi. I've found some similar A6's nationwide for as low as $32k.

The S6 is an interesting idea... but in the little time I've spent looking, I haven't seen anything close to this price range.

Quick Reply: 1st Audi? '08 A6 CPO