2005 A6 C6 to 2012 C7 front end conversion? - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

2005 A6 C6 to 2012 C7 front end conversion?

Notices
A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007-present

2005 A6 C6 to 2012 C7 front end conversion?

Old 11-27-2016, 07:30 PM
  #1  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Nightlifephantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 187
Default 2005 A6 C6 to 2012 C7 front end conversion?

Has anyone converted from C6 to C7 front end? Is it possible?
Nightlifephantom is offline  
Old 11-28-2016, 12:30 PM
  #2  
AudiWorld Super User
 
raj99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,245
Default

Originally Posted by Nightlifephantom View Post
Has anyone converted from C6 to C7 front end? Is it possible?
It can be done... Just make sure to pick up front door panels, front fenders, hood, bumpers, fender liners, etc ...
In the end, it'll cost you about the same as trading in for an actual C7.

There was a shop in Germany or Hungary which did the conversion, but it wasn't cheap and required a LOT of custom fabrication.

No offence, but a lot of your threads are on aesthetic "updates" on your car...how handy are you doing such work, since this level of conversion is not worth the effort IMHO.
raj99 is offline  
Old 11-29-2016, 04:31 AM
  #3  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southington, CT
Posts: 1,475
Default

^agree. If what you really wanted was a C7 you should have bought a C7. If money is an issue you could have bought a C7 with a blown engine, found a replacement engine or repaired it yourself for less than what you want to do with your C6.
SchwarzS6 is offline  
Old 11-29-2016, 10:17 AM
  #4  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Nightlifephantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 187
Default

Well, I got an awesome deal on my c6 when I bought it. I knew the tail lights needed to be replace since one of them is cracked... so I was going to go aftermarket and install the spyder tail light, but I also need a new bumper since there are scratched and small dents from where the sensors are and I also need a new trunk since my paint has faded on my trunk and spoiler. So after seeing threads of people doing a rear conversion to the facelift version... I figured this would be best to a rear conversion.

I also replaced the front grill, and was planning on doing something with the headlights as per my other posts for taillights and headlight questions.

After I put my new grill on, a few weeks after my father was backing up on the driveway and backed right into my A6. His tow hitch on his Nissan went right through the grill, and also Fu**ed up my front bumper.

So after all that being said, those are my reasons for asking questions about conversion and modifications, etc. Figured if I had to replace those things, might as well do some sort of update if it won't cost as much. * also did do a search on some topics but could not find the exact answers I was looking for. I've seen c5 to c7 conversions but not a c6 to c7.
Nightlifephantom is offline  
Old 11-29-2016, 11:49 AM
  #5  
AudiWorld Super User
 
raj99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,245
Default

Originally Posted by Nightlifephantom View Post
Well, I got an awesome deal on my c6 when I bought it. I knew the tail lights needed to be replace since one of them is cracked... so I was going to go aftermarket and install the spyder tail light, but I also need a new bumper since there are scratched and small dents from where the sensors are and I also need a new trunk since my paint has faded on my trunk and spoiler. So after seeing threads of people doing a rear conversion to the facelift version... I figured this would be best to a rear conversion.

I also replaced the front grill, and was planning on doing something with the headlights as per my other posts for taillights and headlight questions.

After I put my new grill on, a few weeks after my father was backing up on the driveway and backed right into my A6. His tow hitch on his Nissan went right through the grill, and also Fu**ed up my front bumper.

So after all that being said, those are my reasons for asking questions about conversion and modifications, etc. Figured if I had to replace those things, might as well do some sort of update if it won't cost as much. * also did do a search on some topics but could not find the exact answers I was looking for. I've seen c5 to c7 conversions but not a c6 to c7.
The conversion you might actually want to do is the C6 to C6.5 (facelift 2009+) model. Which is far more straight-forward and updates the appearance of the C6. You will need new headlights, fogs, fog grilles, the fogs are now H11, and front bumper lip.

Here's the 'look' you would have:

raj99 is offline  
Old 11-29-2016, 12:59 PM
  #6  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Nightlifephantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 187
Default

Originally Posted by raj99 View Post
The conversion you might actually want to do is the C6 to C6.5 (facelift 2009+) model. Which is far more straight-forward and updates the appearance of the C6. You will need new headlights, fogs, fog grilles, the fogs are now H11, and front bumper lip.

Here's the 'look' you would have:

Thanks Raj! I've seen the thread of that facelift conversion.. so I was curious.. if I need all of that for that conversion...maybe I can do a 2012 conversion instead, if it was the same modification needed.


What's do you guys think will be needed for a 2012 front conversion?

- Headlights
- Bumper
- Grille
- Fenders
- Fog inserts
- Hood

Last edited by Nightlifephantom; 11-29-2016 at 01:04 PM.
Nightlifephantom is offline  
Old 12-10-2016, 06:09 PM
  #7  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 72
Default

Here's one that I've done a few years back on a c5
The c6 was much easier
rlzx76 is offline  
Old 12-10-2016, 06:15 PM
  #8  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Nightlifephantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 187
Default

Originally Posted by rlzx76 View Post
Here's one that I've done a few years back on a c5
The c6 was much easier
Hey dude! I've actually seen your thread and posts. I think your conversion and transition came out amazing.

Do you know how much easier is the c6?

Is it direct replacement or isn't there a ton of modifications needed?

and I've been trying to find this out... maybe you can fill me in. Do you know what parts would be needed for the c6 to do the conversion? I'm guessing fenders, hood, bumpers, grille's and lights?
Nightlifephantom is offline  
Old 12-10-2016, 07:40 PM
  #9  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 72
Default

Nothing bolts up lots of fab work on body and rewire of headlight harness
I'm in the process of making molds so I can start producing bolt on conversion kits (c7) for the c5 & c6 platforms
rlzx76 is offline  
Old 12-10-2016, 08:17 PM
  #10  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Nightlifephantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 187
Default

Originally Posted by rlzx76 View Post
Nothing bolts up lots of fab work on body and rewire of headlight harness
I'm in the process of making molds so I can start producing bolt on conversion kits (c7) for the c5 & c6 platforms
Bro. No way! I think that would be awesome!!!

Do you think it would be released anytime soon? I would volunteer to be a test dummy or first customer.
Nightlifephantom is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: