A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011
Old 09-06-2016, 01:26 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A6 (C6) Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2006 A6 quattro MMI problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I unplugged the fiber optic from the module and bypassed it by plugging into the communication lines, I didn't plug it into the module.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ok so if your car is an Avant ( station wagon), have a look in the trunk on the left side there is a compartment with you dvd for the navigation, the radio receiver and at the top, the bose amplifier for everything. The avant version( station wagon), tend to develop a rear windshield washer fluid leak. It the D pillar right over thoses components. The hose break in the trunk hinges area. I fried my amp 2 years ago with that problem. Go get yourself too a vcds, and do a scan of the car and run the optical bus test. From there you will get a better idea of what is going on with your sound system...
Old 11-16-2015, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

It is not an avant. I've already bypassed everything in the left side of the trunk.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

So you could have more than one module broken or it could be the gateway module. This module in under the glove compartement. Everything from the mmi start from there. The optic signal start from this module and end in this module. All the information from there are showed on the screen. I don't know what going to happen if you bypass it. Probably nothing or only the audi logo on the screen... If you try it, let me know the result, I am curious about this one... And if you have more than one module fried, even if you bypass one, your optical loop is still broken. The other thing is to have a broken, bend to much or pinch optic fiber... This lead to poor transmission so nothing coming out from your mmi... To find this it easier with the vcds.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:16 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Sorry, had to put the Audi on hold for a little while. I didn't mention that this car was in a front end collision. Could that have anything to do with the radio? I don't see how it could. Is there any other scan tool that I can use other than a VAG COM to help solve this problem? If not I'll have to go to the dealership and just pay for an hour or two of diag because I can't get my hands on one.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Where do you live? maybe you can borrow a VAG COM.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have an 2006 A6 Audi Avant Quattro and all of a sudden the radio is not working. I can't tune or hear the radio at all. The CD player wants to work meaning the CD's will come up on the screen and I can see the track lists. A song will play for a second or two and then go off and then the screen goes black. I hear popping sounds out of the speakers when the CD player is on but not when the radio is on. If I switch it to the satellite radio it'll make a hissssssssss sound. I don't use the satellite service though. I disconnected the Bluetooth off from my phone. I've reset the radio (pressing the setup button, middle circle dial and then button on the right) that does nothing. I've gone into the trunk and checked on the left where the amp is and nothings wet. We've been having a lot of heavy rain in Atlanta lately and I was thinking maybe while getting in the car or out the car water got somewhere near the speakers on the door- I don't know.
I wanna try to replace fuses because I just bought the car used in November 2017 and although the previous owner kept great records on the vehicle, I saw nothing about fuses. Someone suggested I disconnect the amp and then reconnect it, another said disconnect the car battery and then reconnect it. My AC does this thing where it will blow out SUPER HOT on the driver side only. It'll blow cold for a few minutes then all of sudden do that- I'm frustrated. I love this car, it runs awesome except for those things I mentioned. I've been reading forum posts before 2015 but I need an updated answer- if their is one or some clear advice on what to do, Please Help. I'm in the Atlanta area any advice on an HONEST mechanic.