A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

2006 s6 v10 fsi engine faults

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahaha.... nah, its all cool. Im used to encountering stupid people on the web. Just trying to help out a fellow v10 owner, and point out hypocrisy.

BTW, Kevin, your title says AudiWorld Super User. Are you the head mod here? If so, can you tell me what the AudiWorld policy is on peddling pirated DVDs on the site?

If you aren't the right guy to answer that question, then no problem.
Old 07-19-2015, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 892 Likes on 730 Posts

Its the title the forum gods gave me based on being here a really long time and making a lot of posts. But I am not affiliated with the forum. As far as Raj goes, it is my understanding that he donates the profits from the DVDs to the boys club. It is really just a charity drive. When I found out what Raj was doing with the profits, I made a contribution directly to the boys club for the amount that Audi would have charged me had I purchased it directly. As a result, while Audi may have lost out, the boys club received $250.
Of course, Raj will probably curse me for disclosing that he makes the copies and stuffs the envelopes to benefit the kids.

You should know that I have never met Raj, and have never spoken to him. However, we have exchanged approximaley 5 private messages over the last 5 years.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary
Its the title the forum gods gave me based on being here a really long time and making a lot of posts. But I am not affiliated with the forum. As far as Raj goes, it is my understanding that he donates the profits from the DVDs to the boys club. It is really just a charity drive. When I found out what Raj was doing with the profits, I made a contribution directly to the boys club for the amount that Audi would have charged me had I purchased it directly. As a result, while Audi may have lost out, the boys club received $250.
Of course, Raj will probably curse me for disclosing that he makes the copies and stuffs the envelopes to benefit the kids.

You should know that I have never met Raj, and have never spoken to him. However, we have exchanged approximaley 5 private messages over the last 5 years.
Some great info there. Thanks Kevin.

So, Raj steals from the rich to give to the poor? Essentially, Raj is the modern day Robin Hood, is that right? Sucks that Audi is losing $250 on each MMI update DVD that Raj pirates and sells, but I guess the fact that he says 'all profits are going to the kidz " makes it ok, right?

LOL. This just keeps getting better and better.

The name of the charity wasnt "the Human Fund" by any chance, was it?

Last edited by v8a6; 07-19-2015 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 892 Likes on 730 Posts

I guess those panties got tight again. Lol. Have a good night and carry on with your ranting.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by v8a6
OK, please tell me who is the S6 v10 expert on this site who can help OP with his misfire issues. Give me one name and ask him to come solve OPs problems. Prove me wrong.

Here is one of your Audizine 'EXPERTS' giving advice to troubleshoot misfires...

C6 S6 Misfires

The advice of your so called Expert is to sell the car ????????????????????? That is moronic.

Look at your own advice in this thread... you point to a 4.2 link. His car has a friggin v10! There are common issues with the v10s that are not seen on the 4.2. Why would any v10 owner waste time looking at a 4.2 post when he should be researching v10 related info, and help from people who are v10 Experts

The fact is that there were no v10 S6 Experts ANYWHERE until I purchased my car and started the info dump on AudiRevolution. People became Experts in these cars as we dove deeper and deeper into them, literally tearing my car apart in the process. On AudiWorld and Audizine, there are no v10 S6 Experts, unless they are just reading all the work that is being done on AudiRevolution.

When I got my car a year ago, there was very little in regards to aftermarket for the v10 s6, and what was available was crap. Now, in development on my car, there is a dual 3-inch exhaust, custom long tube headers, ECU and TCU tune, and a bunch of other stuff soon to be released. What has anyone around here or Audizine, or anywhere else but on AudiRevolution, done for the v10 scene??????????

I have been a member on AudiWorld since 2005 (longer than you) and on Audizine since 2010 (longer than you again) and have seen as many morons as intelligent people offering both good advice and terrible advice. Most of the time, people just open their mouth because they like to hear the sound of their own voice. Linking to a thread about a 4.2 engine when someone is asking for help troubleshooting their v10 S6, is not good advice, btw, in case you havent figured it out yet. When it comes to the v10, AudiRevolution is the place to get solid info, period.

Hi v8a6, over react much?

All I said is that I did not buy into your over-arching statement that "All the v10 experts hang out on AudiRevolution". In reality experts are usually those who built/designed it in the first place or those who further continue to enhance and surface improvements. Furthermore, those who self-proclaim themselves as experts are usually false prophets and that title is one earned through what others deem you to be. At no point did I state any individual as an expert as there is no such expert for an entire vehicle, there are expertise in various facets of the vehicle and as you have shown, you can certainly grow your expertise through active involvement (i.e., hands-on, forums, etc...)

As for being on various forums longer than me, I'm not sure how to read into that, since I also graduated with a guy who was on the 7 year program at college and it's like some far wiser than me told me years ago...it's not the number of years you've been around, it's what you bring to the table. We have users on this site who've been here for FAR longer than both of us, but then we also have relatively new users, who have contributed immensely...simply evaluating value by years on a forum isn't my yard stick of value.

BTW, in no means was I bashing or deriding AR, I've visited the site myself and seen value in it...since value of a forum is based upon the contributions made by its members. I've seen that JHM and various individuals on the AR site actively contribute a wealth of knowledge around the V10 platform, amongst others. A forum is akin to a good library, whereby content is shared and can be viewed by all, furthermore a good library is open, accessible, and refreshed. When you state "What has anyone around here or Audizine, or anywhere else but on AudiRevolution, done for the v10 scene?", I'd say plenty. All the mods you've had JHM working on for your specific vehicle are not yet full production, since they are all one-off (for now). People have been helping Audi owners on various forums, agnostic if it's a 1.8 or a 5.2 for years and will continue to do so. We are all enthusiasts and we repair, mod, even break our vehicles from time-to-time and we contribute in an open environment without the need to bash one site vs. another.

As I said previously, the more sites and forums we have the better, since competition drives improvement and sharing. I've seen great forums go extinct through business/commercial issues and having peer sites available is always of value in the long run, from a user perspective.

One last thing, yes I linked to V8 timing chain stretch thread, whereby a long time forum member had written a great article about their experience around timing chains...something the OP had asked about. Yes his engine is a 5.2, but it still uses chains and guides...something that also translates to the 3.2. Although the engines of many cars are unique, the fundamentals behind many of them have similarities and without VCDS codes, it was simply a shot in the dark...to potentially help a new forum user out.

Last edited by raj99; 07-20-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Raj, your post has a lot of words, but unfortunately it is just more of the same bullsh*t.

Your advice is bad. Bad advice wastes peoples time and money. Just because the v10 has timing chains DOES NOT mean that it has the same problems with the chains and guides as the 3.2 or the B6 4.2. In fact, in my extensive research I havent been able to find any instances of problems with the timing chains or guides. The chains and guides are not a known issue with the v10 S6s.

The fact is there are definitely S6 v10 Experts, and they all hang out on AudiRevolution. You can argue all you want, but you only continue to prove that you have no useful knowledge when it comes to these cars.

Like I said before, stick to what you are an Expert at.... selling pirated DVDs. And stop trying to bash people who try to lead Audi S6 v10 owners to a place where they can get some help with their issues, and learn about the latest aftermarket stuff available for these cars.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not an expert, but I did tear the top off of my v10, clean the valves and replace injector #8 to cure my v10 of misfires at one time. Another time it was coil packs. Another time it was both high pressure fuel pumps and for good measure I did the pumps in the tank. 124k on mine. But to find what direction to start codes need to be scanned. If the previous owner had pulled the intake at some point a cam position sensor could have been left unplugged as well.

Get the codes, if it is cylinder specific start with the coilpacks and injectors. if is is fuel delivery related such as insufficient flow etc, it may be time for pumps or maybe just a filter.